hf1

baby massage

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

baby massage

Postby donna4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:09 am

My health visitor has asked if i wanted to get a place to do baby massage with blake hes 6mths now do you think its worth doing? also hes had a cold since he was 3 weeks old, always chocking on flym etc so i was woundering without sounding daft if it would help that too with all the rubbing and him being on his front?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: baby massage

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:11 am

I went to baby massage with Isabelle and loved it!

We went from when she was quite small - until she started getting too big for it...

She wasn't always in the mood for it (our session was lunchtime) but it was fantastic and I met a couple of my now close friends there too :)

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 pm

ok i will give it ago then, cheers

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:36 pm

We've done a course. I found that Iris really enjoyed it - you can visibly see her relax while she's been massaged. She starts off full of energy and by the end is just really limp and quiet and happy. It's great! :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Definately worth doing if you can get a place. We only did 1 week (as we had gone to Aus for the rest of the course), but Kayleigh loved it, and there are times that she will ask for a massage now.

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:11 am

all the places have gone for this time round is there anything that tells you how to do it at home do you know? and what oils / lotions do you use?
thankyou

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:17 pm

bad luck, donna. You could probably google "baby massage" and get a few good results. Olive oil is good, as it is natural and you don't have to use too much, just a couple of drops... Hope you find some help, and sign up right away for the next course!

Our local baby clinic had sessions every thu lunchtime, and you just had to show up, with a towel and your baby, no need to sign up. Maybe there will be some other resources available to you.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 pm

donna4 wrote:all the places have gone for this time round is there anything that tells you how to do it at home do you know? and what oils / lotions do you use?
thankyou

Like Jonny says, olive oil is good, especially if you are worried about allergies. If not then we have a lovely lavendar massage oil from Tesco Baby range which has the added benefit of making them sleepy :wink:

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Annette thanks for the reply my 3 eldest lo's are sleeping out tonight so going to get the lotion out tonight and give it ago whilst its all calm, thankyou
:D

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler