hf1

How long where you in hospital....

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How long where you in hospital....

Postby lilylover » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 pm

when you had your baby? Just thought about this as my friend just had a baby and was home within four hours :shock: Lily and I were in for five days as we were both sick and Lil was in the special care unit for nearly four days. I really wanted to go home earlier but we were both too sick.

Sam...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:33 am

We too were in for 5 days as I had a 3rd degree tear :shock: and they insisted on making sure everything was working properly :wink:

I was glad I stayed in for a bit as I got alot of help with breast feeding but tbh by the end I was desperate to go home.

I have a friend who had a terrible time with her first - failed inductions, long labour, emergency c-section. She was a wreck by the end and was in for a long time. But then when she had her second she went in at midnight, had the baby at 3am and was on her way home by 7am. They decided they fancied a coffee on the way home :?: and stopped off a Starbucks. They ended up getting sent flowers by Starbucks for being their youngest ever customer :lol:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:12 am

Well I was very naughty as discharged myself the day after having Georgia by elective section :shock: the same as I had after having Sophie :!: :!: :!:

After having Ella by emergency section I stayed in 2 nights :!:

Is it obvious I don't like hospitals :D :D :?:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:28 pm

I was out after 24hours.
I would have stayed longer but everybody kept telling me I was better off at home.
I think I would have liked to stay for 1 week really.

Gisele

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:39 pm

3 days after my section this time, 5 with Isaac.

My mum was in and out with my little sister in 4 hours - they have a home from home type midwife-led unit in the hospital. If you stay for more then 6 hours they have to admit you and you get stuck for at least 24, apparently.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:55 pm

I stayed for 6 days after Josh (1st baby) and 5 with Louis. Its pretty good here though, private rooms with ensuite so you don't' mind!!! Both times I loved having the time with my new baby!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:29 pm

I had Matthew on the Thursday evening and came home on the Saturday afternoon. (Went in on the Wednesday afternoon to be induced so stayed 3 nights total)

I was very glad to be home to my own bed and bathroom and nice food! DH was fantastic and cooked yummy dinners every night when he was off on paternity leave.

Joanne

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:15 pm

post taneli (emergency C) 3 days (they wanted 5, and i sort of insisted) after Zacharia (planned C) also 3 (they tried to persuade me for 4 this time!!)

Zacharia was born in a lovely private hospital, and nurses and midwives were friendly and helpful :shock: but i hate staying in...i get very bored, so as much as i tried to relax and enjoy it, i just needed to get out!!!

my SIL baby Jonah was born at 3 am and she was out around lunchtime/ afternoonish...but she claims that the private hopsital was soo expensive that she would have satyed after 'check out' time unless she was really ill!
my friend Anna left hosp a few house after her first was born as she was going back to her mums and felt that the care and cleanliness at her mum was significantly better than in the hospital (i agree, that hosppital is awful) after her second she stayed in about 24 hours (same hosp) as she lost sooo much blood she couldn't stand unaided...she still couldn't when they discharged her, and 24 hours later was admitted back into a different hospital for 2 days of blood transfusions.

my sisters in israel always stay in at least 3 days as tho se are the rules there (the jewish law states that a woman is in a life threatening condition for 3 days after giving birth, and must be treeated very very well and carefully!)but they do organise plenty of breastfeeding councillers and people to speak to you about baby care etc so at least you can make the most of your time.

i hate hospitals! a necessary evil of life!

Shevi

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:09 pm

10 days :evil: I was so miserable...

I had an emergency section and Isabelle being Prem I was allowed to stay up to 10days, partly for my own recover but partly so I could get breastfeeding going which wouldn't have been possible had I had to go home...

Really glad in a way as I would have been an emotional wreck (okay more so) had I had to go home without my baby (can't imagine how bad DH must have felt) but the food was awful and the care likewise... less than 24hrs after having the c-section I was expected to carry a HUGE bowl full of water back and forth from my room to the kitchen for the cold-water steriliser (for the pump) - and let me tell you it was BLOODY HEAVY!! I could barely do it and the MW just looked at me like I was a wimp! You're not supposed to carry anything heavier than your baby for the first xxx days! She only weighed 4lbs 7oz...
Grrrrr :evil:

Would love a home birth next-time but as they won't let you do that here after a c-section I will plump for a vbac domino as the next best thing - labour at home, baby in the hosp and then back home asap...
That's the plan anyway...

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler