hf1

Co-sleeping experiences please! (For moral support)

My avatar
maximama
Clothie
Clothie

Co-sleeping experiences please! (For moral support)

Postby maximama » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:19 am

I co-sleep with my daughter (6 mo) and have done since birth. She is no 4 and I chose to co-sleep this time so that I can get enough sleep to look after 4 (7yo, and twin 3yo boys).

I am happy with the choice and about 80% of the time she feeds 3-4 times with breaks between which is fine. The 20% are less fun when she wants to feed most of the night and wakes whenever I try to remove nipple.

She feeds to sleep at night around 7.30pm and generally spends the first couple of hours sleeping on my lap until I transfer her upstairs, where she usually, but not always, sleeps on until I get up there around 10.30-11ish. She falls asleep in the sling in the daytime without feeding but wakes when she is taken out of it.

Didn't co-sleep with the boys except the odd night here and there, so I'm looking for reassurance that it is possible to go on like this and come out at the other end with a healthy sleep pattern without the need for any crying based sleep training??
I did sleep train my eldest and wish I hadnt, don't want to do it again :(

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Co-sleeping experiences please! (For moral support)

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:28 am

I have two rather different sleep experiences, izzy was an angel baby and toddler, slept fab and still does age six, she sometimes co sleeps now but will still sleep well in her own bed. Leon woke 1-2 hourly from birth to 18 months !

At age 2 he sleeps well, they both sleep in the same bed :love:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:29 am

No sleep training needed,I liked no cry sleep solution by Elizabeth pantley

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

I co slept with child no2. Moved into his cot at around 10m. Almost always sleeps through now, no probe. Child no3 is now 10m and were working on leaving bed sharing behind and getting him into the cot! It's just a gentle , slow transition imo!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:30 pm

I co-slept and moved dd1 into her own cot at around 11 months. no training needed at all but I was lucky that she has been a creature of routine. it makes things a lot easier to anticipate tiredness rather than try and bend to a clock iykwim x

My avatar
Mayshaka
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mayshaka » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Maximama, just wondering how you're getting on with cosleeping now? Your experience here sounds like where we are at currently, except I can't transfer my baby. He only stays asleep in contact with me or dh!

Return to Baby and Toddler