hf1

Leaving at nursery

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Leaving at nursery

Postby clothsister » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Our nursery's normal settling in period was 1 session. I refused to believe a child would settle after just one session so I did a few with Chloe. Need to think about arranging them for Penny but I just can't think about that at the moment x

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Maybe I should stop worrying about staying as long as I do then? Assume he's still adjusting and just go with it?

It would be nice if the whole leaving thing was a bit easier by the time the new baby arrives (due 17th April) mind.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Try and make real links with the staff. if he sees that you trust them and can communicate his needs to them that will help. Talk to him about it a bit in the week. Look forward to doing things there, identify special toys he likess there. Stay for a bit then tell him you are leaving, speak to a staff member who can support him when he's upset. Assure him that you will miss him bit will be back soon. Place real value on his sadness, it's ok to miss each other and feel sad but we will see each other after lunch/play time/story time and we'll go home for our tea and we'll read Thomas the tank together (be specific about your plan so he can see how the day ahead will pan out)

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm now trying a non sneaky approach. The staff tell me gets over me leaving pretty quickly, so I'm hoping the actual leaving bit will improve over time too.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler