Nappies at nursery

My avatar
Jaclyn
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies at nursery

Postby Jaclyn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi
My little boy's been going to nursery for the last 2 weeks, and after fretting that they wouldn't cope with cloth (they'd never had a baby in reusables before), they've been really happy with them.

I'm relieved that we've had no leaks as of yet, but tonight when we got home, we discovered his vest had been fastened between the nappy and wrap! :giggle:

Luckily it was just wet! It made me wonder though, what other bizarre ways he'll come home in the coming months...

Do share any stories so I'm prepared!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Nappies at nursery

Postby ems101 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 pm

That's good news! Our child minder used them on ours, not had any issues apart from maybe occasionally leaving them on too long!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Jaclyn wrote:My little boy's been going to nursery for the last 2 weeks, and after fretting that they wouldn't cope with cloth (they'd never had a baby in reusables before), they've been really happy with them.

That is fantastic news! What sort do you send in for them to use @Jaclyn ?

My avatar
Jaclyn
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jaclyn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:12 pm

They're using Little Lamb microfibre fitteds.

I worried they might not change him often enough, and we might have to get some bamboo for nursery, but they've been really good so far at changing him regularly.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:35 pm

That's great that they're even doing fitted with wrap. I imagined having to get some AIOs with hook & loop when LO starts nursery in future but maybe I should give them more credit!
Glad it's work out, look forwards to hearing more funny mishaps :giggle:

My avatar
Jaclyn
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jaclyn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:05 pm

I think they were just relieved they weren't terries @Dancing mum!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:11 am

It's great when nurseries/ childminders are able to take on using reusables.

We've not really had any funny moments with ours - apart from the velcro no longer sticking on our bumgenius nappies, so the childminder put a pair of underpants over the top to keep the nappy in place.

My avatar
sandylockwich
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sandylockwich » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:11 pm

My little boy seems to be the first in his nursery to use cloth nappies, he came home one day and they'd changed him and put it on back to front?!

Return to Baby and Toddler