Managing naps, and sleep generally

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Managing naps, and sleep generally

Postby littlesez » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:18 am

I have also found two separate meals is best.. the kids never eat full big meals so I do a picnic every night. Eg pasta, cucumber, tomato, carrots, tuna,sandwiches, fruit. They eat it ! Then after bedtime we eat hot grown up meal.

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Well, today we had no nap, because I couldn't get the baby to sleep for long enough this afternoon, so we focused on getting through the bedtime routine quickly after tea-time, and it worked ok, he was in his cot asleep by 8 anyway, although that was after half an hour of faffing, with him going to sleep on me, then waking up when I tried to move him or put him down. Think it took 4 attempts.

Bonus is that baby went to sleep with OH in the meantime, and hasn't woken up yet :thumbsup: took the opportunity to make flapjacks. :D

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Sounds good :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:29 pm

I desperately need yo get Rémy in a routine, only just got him down after 10!

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 pm

clothmama wrote:I desperately need yo get Rémy in a routine, only just got him down after 10!

Junior was a bit like that. Kept teenager hours for ages, didn't go to sleep until at least midnight which was exhausting, or 3am, which was worse.

Anyway, he seems to have decided against afternoon naps, even when he's tired and the baby's asleep. He actively fights it. I guess long-term that's always what was going to happen.

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:10 am

Still struggling. Poor little soul, he's got a lot to deal with at the moment.

Staying with my parents Saturday to Tuesday while Mr ep goes walking in Scotland, which I'm hoping he'll enjoy. Might also get us into some better patterns. Ever the optimist me. :roll: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler