hf1

Baby headbands baptism

My avatar
lillian770
Clothie
Clothie

Baby headbands baptism

Postby lillian770 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:37 pm

THIS IS SPAM BUT HAS BEEN LEFT AS IT WAS AN INTERESTING DISCUSSION!

First of all, I would like to say that I am not religious and do not advocate, encourage or suggest any faith / religion etc... Anyway, a friend of mine has decided to baptise her little girl. She is not exactly a very religious type, but here it comes – the decision has been made.
We have styled her girl’s little dress and not we have a bit of an argument. I have suggested that a headband would make the whole outfit look much nicer. A friend of mine (her name in Carol) says that babies do not like headbands and it would make her little girl feel uncomfortable. Most of the baby headbands I have seen are quite soft and comfortable for babies to wear (with a few exceptions, but most of the headbands are quite comfortable). Now we have discussed the whole idea with the photographer who supposed to take pictures of the whole event. He suggested that a nice baby headband would be very much appropriate for this special occasion and would make whole outfit look special. This is pretty much what I have said…Carol is still not convinced…Do you have any thoughts, experiences related to special occasions and baby headbands ?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Baby headbands baptism

Postby ems101 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Personally I do not like them at all, but surely it's up to what the parents want!? It's the baby they are photographing not the outfit

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:59 pm

@ems101 Yes, I'd agree it's the parent's choice, just like the one to have the child baptised.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:23 pm

I don't really like them either in general but each to their own and I completely agree with what Kate has said. I'm guessing as you sell headbands you feel differently!

@lillian770 could you please read the rules regarding links in signatures as I was unable to find a reciprocal link on the page your signature links to. You need to either add a link to us on that page or remove your link. Thanks for you understanding.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:09 am

I don't particularly like them either and my daughter used to pull anything out of her hair at that age, but agree with the others completely the parents choice!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:31 pm

I'm not a fan of headbands for babies, they're just not my thing. My LO is nearly 18 months now and still hardly a hair on her head :giggle: but never been tempted to pop a head band on.
Having said that my friend loves them and her LO wears them regularly so it's each to their own.
I definitely think it needs to be parents choice though, no point wearing one if parents don't like it. I don't think it'd be right for photos either as parents won't feel it looks like their little girl.

My avatar
AppleTree
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AppleTree » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Personally I'm not a fan of the look, but of course it's a decision for the parents.

Also, it doesn't seem very practical; surely it will have to be removed for the water to be poured on the baby's head.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 pm

I was wondering why you are so insistent that your friend's baby should wear a headband to her christening, now I'm thinking you're just spamming.

The baby already has a "good look", she's a cute little baby! Although they can be cute, headbands are certainly not an essential addition to every baby girls outfit.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 pm

@gayleygoo indeed it was spam, I've deleted her account but have left the discussion :giggle:

Return to Baby and Toddler