hf1

Sleep

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Sleep

Postby LynniferT » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Ok so since his teeth came through T's sleep has been awful. It looks like his top teeth are coming through now and putting him to bed is getting ridiculous :(

The routinue is...BF, change bum, pop him on again to top up and then i take him into our bedroom give him a cuddle/burp him and pop him in his cot. Before his teeth bothered him he would go down awake and drift off on his own... He just cries now :(

Because of this i am really worried about going back to work (2nd feb) as DH will have to put T to bed 2 nights a week.

I planned to give up BF by now but i am still nursing him as it is the only thing to settle him during night wakings and more often than not i have to feed him to sleep.

i am going to start 2 bottles from next week so his last feed will hopefully be a bottle and if he needs feeding i can BF during the night. But i still need to tackle the falling asleep thing.

Do you think its just teeth or because of his age (7 months) its a separation thing?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Sleep

Postby clothmama » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:50 pm

I think it is probably both and I honestly think Toby and Rémy are somehow comparing notes :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:41 pm

At 7 months I'd say both as well. They do adjust when mummy (and boobs) are not there. Both of mine were totally different at bedtime with DH on his own than they were if they knew I was at home. Lachlan still is...!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm not the best person to be giving advice because Leon woke 1-2 hourly for a couple of years ! He is however fine without me,if I am around he wants me and constantly craves skin to skin but if I'm not he is absolutely fine. Little monkey!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:48 am

Looking at your routine I would say dh could do the cuddles step ?

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:43 pm

It might be his teeth... our at least that's what I'm telling myself at the minute, my 8 month old is pretty much the same! Waking every hour or two, only feeding to sleep. He refuses bottles even when I'm out, but DH gives him a bowl of ready brek and puts him in the sling until he (baby, not DH!) falls asleep.

I'm sure your LO well be fine when you go back to work. Even if there's a few tears in the beginning, they'll just have to figure it out between themselves :) Can you have a couple of practice nights before you start work, where you go out until DH gets baby settled?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:04 pm

So T is now on 2 bottles a day, 3 meals and bf on demand through the night (and once in the afternoon) its made no difference to sleep or going to sleep but means DH can put him to bed as his bed time routine has changed to bottle, cuddle, bed.
I have tried to introduce a dummy so he can snuggle in and suck on something other than me, but unfortunately he thinks its a toy and chews the hard plastic :doh: very rarely sucks the damn thing.

A practice night might not be a bad idea... I havent been out in 7 months and need to catch up with a friend (thats if shes speaking to me its been that long :oops: )

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:31 pm

I think it just happens that child and dad/ babysitter cope because that's all that can happen. They find their own way and then they ll make you feel bad on your return :giggle:

Ps I m sure your friend will understand :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:10 am

In a weird way I'm glad to hear it didn't make a difference with the bottles - I had a few comments from various family over the holidays about Rémy still waking for :bf: :roll:

Great that he is happy with some bottles so that you are sorted for DH putting him to bed :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler