Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Need sleep please

Postby Kim » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:16 am

Willow has always been a bad sleeper but this is her new routine:
Bath at 6.45-7ish
Milk
Teeth
Bed (she is in bed by about 7.30 and goes to sleep on her own - the only good bit - the going to sleep bit used to take 2hours)
Wake up between 2 and 3 am expects to come in to our bed.
Will not settle unless in our bed but sometimes she doesn't so we have to get up.
If she does settle it's normally with her head on my shoulder ( I now have a sore shoulder) or it's lying on my head. In either case I struggle to sleep.
Willow will sleep in our bed for a max of 2 hours and then we are up,

Will this ever end? Any suggestions on what we should do?
:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Need sleep please

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:40 am

It will end >:D<

Could you try on the weekend to break the habit of bringing her in with you? Cuddle her and keep putting her back in her bed, do one night each and have a lie in if you can so you're not crippled with tiredness. We were in a similar position with Ben. He sleeps much better when we manage to get him back in his bed

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:42 am

:cnthug: That sounds like the stuff of nightmares :( I know I'm horrible when I'm really sleep deprived and dont' cope at all well :(. You may just have to bite the bullet (when you don't have to go to work for a few days!) and break the habit of coming to bed with you. It will probably take a good few nights of not a lot of sleep but she must be exhausted as well, she should be having around 14 hours of sleep at her age. Have you read the Baby whisperer? I hvaen't but I want to and know some on here really rate it - might be worth reading?

I'm sorry I don’t' have any better ideas but sending my sympathy as I really feel for you :hug:

Cross posts with Emily - sounds like she agrees with the getting her back in bed :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 am

I have similar but Leon struggles to get to sleep. I just let him in our bed coz I can't be bothered to get up !

5.30-6.30 they wake it's exhausting isn't it ?

I have no useful advice but you are not alone x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:51 am

My only tip is go to bed early! After nearly 3 years of sleep hell I have learned to go to bed between 9-10 because then at least I get a good 5-6 hours block of good quality sleep :) sometimes I just go at 8 with the kids !

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:43 am

Nothing to add, but hugs :cnthug:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:45 pm

:cnthug: Thanks for your help everyone. DH thinks she might be waking cold so he is leaving the heating on tonight. :cnthug:

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 pm

So the heating was left on last night, this led to Seren having an epic nose bleed at 3.30am and Willow still woke up around her normal time. I decided not to bring her into our bed so spent 1.5 hrs settling her back, she then slept for 20 minutes. I spent another 30 minutes settling her down and she slept for another hour.
I hoping that it will go better tonight- I have work tomorrow so probably shouldn't have started it now.

My avatar
ambpick
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ambpick » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:48 am

I understand because I have the same problem with my youngest son. He sleeps only in my arms, sometimes he falls asleep to soft music. I believe that soon it will pass.

Return to Baby and Toddler