hf1

Poo

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Re: Poo

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:10 am

Even now pips has to have fresh orange juice every day otherwise she gets a bit constipated. When she was tiny we diluted it with water xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:16 am

LynniferT wrote:Is his diet too adult for his little system or do some babies just have firmer poo then others? Help :-?

I would never have thought of that @LynniferT - sounds healthy and well balanced to me sounds exactly like what Rémy eats / ate at that age - he never had a jar of baby food (the smell makes me want to :puke: ). I agree it is probably bananna that isn't' helping, thinking about it last summer we had a bit of hard poo (just remembered when making this morning porridge!) and I bought some prune (apple and prune maybe?) puree and mixed that with the porridge - that sorted him out :wink:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:23 am

I will try the orange juice and then look for some apple/prune purée to pop in his breakie then.

Fingers crossed :)

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:25 am

I've had two constipated kids and found the easiest way to help was smushing those tinned prunes into breakfast cereals and giving natural yogurt with smushed prunes at least once a day as well. I was too lazy to make real fruit purées, but I would sometimes soak dried prunes and smush those instead of tinned ones.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:29 am

LynniferT wrote:I will try the orange juice and then look for some apple/prune purée to pop in his breakie then.

Fingers crossed :)

Go slowly though or you could end up with a poo'nami :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

usinukveg wrote:smushing those tinned prunes into breakfast cereals and giving natural yogurt with smushed prunes at least once a day as well.

That is a good idea too!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Well the look on his face when he tasted the orange juice in his cup was hilarious :hohoho: i will persevere!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Until Blaine was 2 he couldn't have more than half a banana or he couldn't poop! Grapes however, more than a handful had the opposite effect!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:20 pm

LynniferT wrote:Well the look on his face when he tasted the orange juice in his cup was hilarious :hohoho: i will persevere!

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Rémy is the same! He will now drink cows milk and water but that is it!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler