Crazy Baby / Toddler!?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Crazy Baby / Toddler!?

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Rémy is driving me a bit mad :loopy: :loopy: :loopy: don't get me wrong I adore him and he is gorgeous when he is in a good mood but I'm really struggling with his behaviour when he is not :loopy: :loopy: He seems to get very angry easily and headbutts the floor (tiles :-? :roll: :doh: )so you have to be really quick to get to him before he does too much damage - this has been going on for months and he has pretty much had a bruise / mark on his forehead the whole time from doing this :( He also lashes out at us, scratching, hair pulling, grabbing the skin on your throat and trying to rip it off etc. I know sometimes it is pain or beause we have told him 'no' or stopped him from doing something he wanted to do and sometimes perhaps boredom if we can't go out because of the weather or whatever but sometimes it is just for no clear reason. On top of the still not sleeping through it is just exhausting, is also means some days I can't get anything done as he is just too cranky and is getting me down a bit tbh. He is my last baby and I want to enjoy him and I'm not much sometimes at the moment which is making me a bit sad.

I'm sure the other 2 were much more chilled out than this :-? He is a Sagittarius and I'm not sure if that makes a difference as I did read they get bored very easily etc :giggle: 17 months tomorrow. Anyone got any advice for me? Or a quick slap and tell me to get over myself and get on with it if not :lol:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Crazy Baby / Toddler!?

Postby ems101 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:20 pm

I think it's just the age. Ben and James were/are nightmares at 20-26months. Really hard work. I think language is a big frustration factor for them...

No slaps, but you do need a rest from the behaviour. It's exhausting. Call in favours or take some time away away from him.you'll have renewed patience when you return which is beneficial all round - don't feel selfish for taking time out.

Solidarity hugs xx

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 pm

:hug:
I think some children are just more demanding than others and in different ways too. Tbh isaac is my most laid back easy going child, the girls were so demanding pretty much from the moment they were born until..... Erm .... Sometimes still now :giggle:
Dd1 needed/ needs constant attention and the more you give the more she wants, she never ever played independtly and I got nothing done at all when she was little, and I just managed to keep the house livible ! She had to do everything with me so even the simple jobs like hanging washing out was hard work. Cleaning the toilets was a no no :giggle:
Oh and she wouldn't sleep. Dd2 was similar but more 100% energy all of the time, but thankfully she did sleep phew!
Then isaac who will potter and play on his own, keep himself entertained ( which the girls never ever did) and even his tantrums aren't that bad compared to the girls ( imagine full on screaming , throwing themselves in the floor in public, hitting me with their shoe, hyperventilating for 45mins, refusing to get in their car seat and me physically being able to do it for an hour)
I suppose I m trying to say they're all different and it might just be his personality I m afraid :/ and you are not alone :hug:

You also have a busy house with 3 kids and he's just starting to realise he can have some sort of control over his environment or perhaps he's tired as he gets lots of stimuli with lots going on ( life !) and you're both waking in the night.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:33 am

I think it was around that time that we invented the "Ditte needs to go and have a break in the hallway" :giggle:
Ditte would get so mad threw things or bit us (luckely just us and not friends) and so on. It was really good for her to go and have a breather and when she came out she was in much better mood.
And sometimes she even put herself in the hallway even when she was quite little she would say "Ditte goes to thw hallway - Ditte very mad" :giggle:
We never had to do anything like that with E she was so much easier at that age.
She still has a fiery temper but I think the hallway helped a lot at that stage. We used the hallway because we didn't want her to associate her room with anything bad :)

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Yeah, erinae can get a bit like that. Not hurting herself but lashing out at us. Mostly biting actually which really gets my goat! Sometimes its frustration and sometimes its boredom (I can tell its boredom when she has that cheeky glint in her eye). I've taken to giving her one warning then sending her out the room if she carries on. I totally sympathise with you! Its so frustrating!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

How you doing with him today Tory? @clothmama? Could join me in my orphanage search?!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:29 pm

ems101 wrote:How you doing with him today Tory? @clothmama? Could join me in my orphanage search?!

Thanks for asking @ems101 - still hard work but we were outside much of the day which seems to be the only solution! Tomorrow it is raining so we'll see what happens then :loopy: How are you going? :hug:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 pm

clothmama wrote:
ems101 wrote:How you doing with him today Tory? @clothmama? Could join me in my orphanage search?!

Thanks for asking @ems101 - still hard work but we were outside much of the day which seems to be the only solution! Tomorrow it is raining so we'll see what happens then :loopy: How are you going? :hug:

Being outside really helps doesn't it?! The boys love making mud pies! Inside, we like piling up cushions and blankets and diving in or camps. It needs to be really physical. I'm better this week. Having a day off helped. A bit of alone time goes a long way. The orphanage search is on hold at the moment, but eBay has a quick sell option if I get desperate. What do you think p+p would be for a 15kg child?!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am

Being outside really helps doesn't it?! The boys love making mud pies! Inside, we like piling up cushions and blankets and diving in or camps. It needs to be really physical. I'm better this week. Having a day off helped. A bit of alone time goes a long way. The orphanage search is on hold at the moment, but eBay has a quick sell option if I get desperate. What do you think p+p would be for a 15kg child?![/quote]

I charge £20 per kilo plus £20 extra for P&P for boy sales :hohoho:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler