hf1

At my wits end.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

At my wits end.

Postby BekkiLB » Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm

With Clara and sleeping!! Every night is a battle. Even though she is exhausted she will scream and scream until she basically passes out. She won't nurse, she won't be rocked or jiggled. She just goes stiff as a board. Then when she eventually does fall asleep she will wake up 10/15 minuets later as she is hungry after all and it starts all over again. I've tried taking her before she gets too tired but she goes from smiling and playing to melt down in about 3 seconds without so much as a yawn before hand. I've tried a bath before bed, no bath, playing upstairs, playing down stairs, getting her to sleep in the livingroom, in the bedroom, the kitchen. Quiet music, various nature sounds, white noise. I'm beginning to dread having to put her to bed each night from as early as dinner time and it really is ruining how I feel about her. I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with her but she's mostly fine the rest of the day (naps arnt easy with a noisy Blaine but she at least drops off if I walk the floor with her for a little while or during a feed?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: At my wits end.

Postby clothmama » Wed May 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Massive :cnthug: I didn't want to read and run but I'll have a think over night of some ideas to help you. Hang in there it does get better but it is really hard when you have a baby like that - Rémy has been such a PITA for much of is life sleep wise and and times I have felt it is effecting how I feel about him.

:hug:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed May 25, 2016 10:41 pm

Didn't want to read and run either. :hug: sounds like all of my children :doh: but mine were refluxy.
Ideas off top of my head: Is it lying flat? Screaming, arching her back? Maybe try propping up where she sleeps ie crib feet with books underneath. Is she getting her wind up? Is it sore Tum making her feel hungry? There are some good baby massage moves to do to alleviate that -clockwise circles from what I can remember.

Is it 6 week growth spurt going on a bit longer?
Over stimulation in the day ( not easy to avoid with 3 I found) - DS got beside himself at teatime sort of time with my girls going mental.
If I think of any other ideas I ll come back to you ;)

Can you tell I've probably tried everything to get an unsettled baby to settle! :hohoho:

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu May 26, 2016 4:10 am

even if I hold her over my shoulder she cried so not a positional thing. I have propped her Moses basket up but she doesn't actually make it in till she's sleeping! I have tried putting her down too incase she's cuddled out but that doesn't help. She's forever burping and trumping so I don't think it's wind. If it was a growth spurt I'd have imagined she would want to feed but she won't and she sleeps a good streach at night ( thankfully as I think I really would loose my sanity) over stimulation was exactly my first thought so we tried staying upstairs after her bath to have some massage, a story and a song but it just meant the crying started sooner!! Reflux did cross my mind too. Blaine suffered terribly till he was about 18 months but it's literally just at bedtime. She pretty much doesn't cry at any other time just grumbles when she wants her nappy changed!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:22 am

Is it colic? That , whatever it is, does anyone really know?? Rears its head at bedtime

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu May 26, 2016 7:22 am

Massive :hug:
Am I right in that it works for you to walk her around to get her to sleep or? if it does maybe a sling of some kind could help or just give you your hands free.

If its colic it will most likely pass within the next two months but surviving those is gonna be tough :hug: I remember Ditte only wanted to nap for longer than 10 min if she was in the stretchy wrap for the first 3 months or so

In DK a lot of parents have good use of cranio sacral therapy for babies that have trouble sleeping, problems with their tummy and other things - maybe thats also something you have where you live? There is a lot of different opinions about it, and it is an alternative treatment. I have never tried so don't now much - just now some who have with great success :)

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu May 26, 2016 5:45 pm

During the day she will doze off in the sling it walking but sadly not in the evening. I don't know what ive done tonight but she's peacefully sleeping in my arms right now, she's usually been crying for round about half an hour! I'll not get myself too excited tho!
She's seen a cranial osteopath as when she was younger she only turned her head to one side and she was lovely so I may take her back!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu May 26, 2016 5:51 pm

BekkiLB wrote:During the day she will doze off in the sling it walking but sadly not in the evening. I don't know what ive done tonight but she's peacefully sleeping in my arms right now, she's usually been crying for round about half an hour! I'll not get myself too excited tho!
She's seen a cranial osteopath as when she was younger she only turned her head to one side and she was lovely so I may take her back!

:fingerscrossed: she will continue and prop won't hurt going to the cranio person again :)

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu May 26, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm going to give her a call tomorrow and try get her seen! No harm in ruling everything out! I feel terrible not enjoying her considering how longed for she was :cry:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler