hf1

Sticker Charts

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Sticker Charts

Postby jules070603 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Just wondering if you can give me some advice about the use of sticker charts. I'm thinking of using one for teeth brushing but I'm not sure how well Zach will get it.

I was thinking 2 stickers a day, if he gets 14 for a week he gets 'something'. Is that too strict? Should I start with less stickers needed?

Also, what do you give at the end? I'm thinking I pick an exact object rather than just say 'something' so maybe a matchbox car or a packet of buttons. What do you do?

Thanks. xxx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Sticker Charts

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 am

Perhaps Im mean but I used the stickers as the reward when my boys were little, and they got to choose which sticker they wanted - meant they got an instant reward which always pleased them :D and meant they were more likely to do whatever it was they were meant to do when they got something straight away or else they got bored :? .

Once they got to Primary School age we started a weekly chart - if they behave etc., then they get a smiley face each day of the week, 5 smiley faces means they can play their Wii at the weekend :wink:

We dont have stickers yet for Evie as I dont think she would understand it yet.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:06 pm

When we attempted to PT Jak we used a sticker chart, he definately understood it, though he wouldn't understand the concept of 'if you get sticker you will get a treat' IYKWIM, he was happy with just the stickers!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm

So maybe I'm being too complicated then. I will try just the sticker chart and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Return to Baby and Toddler