hf1

Is it normal?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Is it normal?

Postby tanya » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Is it normal for a baby to grow 6cms in 3.5 months? Bella has shot up in the last 3 months, since her 12 months check, from 76cm - making her quite short - to 82cm - which is quite tall for her age....

DH is 6'4" and I'm 5'3", so I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up quite tall.

She's still only 21lb, which means she's not skinny, but certainly not fat.

My main problem is she's fast outgrowing clothes length wise, but if I get the next size up, they hang off her body, but are the right length. Does that make sense?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Is it normal?

Postby kt24 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:44 pm

I can remember Zac doing this at about Bella's age. He is a skinny little thing but really shot up almost overnight. It's only his nappy that holds his trousers up. :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:50 pm

I have two tall skinny rakes :mrgreen: And yes they do sometimes grow inches within a short space of time.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:57 pm

eeek I have noticed Ben growing, but I don't think that fast!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:40 am

Yep mine have done that too.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:51 am

Well, Bella now wears 12-18m or 18-24m tops, for the length, but wear 6-9m trousers (her legs are v. short :hohoho: ) and any bigger than this and they won't stay up around her waist.

I hadn't realised they shot up quite like that. It's nice that she's tall and skinny rather than short and dumpy like mummy :)

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Zach does this. I used to really notice on popper nappies/wraps as I'd be worried that they would be too small on his thighs and suddenly we were moving back down poppers and buying new pants!!!!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:12 pm

kt24 wrote:I can remember Zac doing this at about Bella's age. He is a skinny little thing but really shot up almost overnight. It's only his nappy that holds his trousers up. :hohoho: :hohoho:

Connor's the same, and now that he's out of nappies there are a couple of pairs of trousers he can't wear as he exposes himself every few steps :lol: . Although he's taken to exposing himself on purpose lately, but that's a whole different topic :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Very normal, our kids have all eaten huge amount when they are going through a growth spurt, Kieran and Anna still do!! Our are all tall and skinny so getting things to fit in the leg and waist is a nightmare, adjustable waist trousers help but they say the button on the elastic hurts their waists!!!!

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler