Really worried about Louis teeth

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Really worried about Louis teeth

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh On the bottom right the molar has come through but the tooth between the molar and existing 4 front ones (canine I think) hasnt' come through and there doesnt' seem to be space BUT there seems to be a lump on the gum at the BACK of the molar, I'm worried that they are coming the wrong way around or something as Josh doesn't even have 2 molars (I don't think - :oops: :oops: yes he does, I just checked :oops: :oops: ). But worried about where the canine is suppose to go. Any ideas anyone?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Tory they tend to push the other teeth into place once they all start coming through.

James started worrying the other day that Erin has a gap between her front two but once the others come they should all push together.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:37 pm

I am pretty sure that the pre-molars come before the canines. So I wouldn't worry about the order. In terms of space, I don't know.

I have a pretty small mouth (although Mark would argue differently :lol: :lol: ) and always had trouble with enough space for teeth - I have had a total of 8 removed at one time or another to make space (and another 3 are false from where I got pushed off a diving board when I was little :cry: ). My adult canines at the top came through so I looked like a vampire. But you won't know for sure until the baby teeth fall out and the adult ones start growing.

I would suggest seeing a dentist but I don't know what they are like over there - my dentist won't see Charlotte until she is 3 - apparently it is too scarey for them before that :?:

It might be that they shuffle around a bit as they come through - I think that is one reason it gets so painful for them.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:38 pm

Yes, I think Hannah is right, they will move around a bit - doesn't help with the pain but I am sure the teeth will end up being fine.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Thanks for making me feel better guys :D :D . I'm hoping that will happen and that maybe thats why he is being soooo miserable today!! I need to take us all to the dentist so I'll get them to just check him over to put my mind at ease!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 pm

I think that's it Tory, a dentist would be able to put your mind at rest.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 pm

The teeth should all move to allow others in, Georgia has her molars ones at the back and 1 of her canines is through, they came all at once :shock:

Georgia has already visited the dentist twice, ours likes to see them every 6 months to get them used to going :!:

Hope Louis doesn't suffer too much with his teeth poor little thing.

Oh look, get me 1000 posts!!!!!! :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:40 pm

You see Karen, that is exactly what I thought - get them used to visiting the dentist and then it won't be a problem.

1000 posts - woohoo!!!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Agree the dentist would be able to put your mind at rest, Tory.

Isn't it funny how they're all dentists are different?? Matthew went for the first time last week at 10 months. Ours likes to get them used to it too.

Joanne

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler