hf1

Weight loss

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Weight loss

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Had Gracie weighed today and in 5 weeks or so she has gone from 18lb 4oz to 17lbs 11oz, I know she has been really poorly with the chicken pox and now runny bum but it is a worry, I doesn't even seem she has gained weight above the 18lb 4 and then dropped back either that or she has had a pretty big weight loss, H/V didn't seem concerened, she is bright, alert and happy and is eating, not as much as normal but still some food is better than none. We are lucky in that we have a good health service, many a h/v would have freaked out and made mum feel the size of a flee. If she still has a runny bum next week we are to go back and send of a stool sample, so will se how she goes. xx

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Weight loss

Postby nicola g » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 pm

aww poor lil thing, aslong as she's thriving and happy i wouldnt worry >:D<

That's how they found out Dafydd was lactose intolerent.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:39 pm

nicola g wrote:aww poor lil thing, aslong as she's thriving and happy i wouldnt worry >:D<

That's how they found out Dafydd was lactose intolerent.

Is Dafydd on soya miks?

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm

He's on SMA LF, i get it on pescription.

He had awful runs and sickness and was loosing weight. The doc told me it was a bug and to starve him for 24 hrs,he was only a few months old :shock: but with the advice from the lovely ladies here and my own instinct i didnt staarve him and got a second opinion from another doc.

Since changing his milk he's doing well :D

Im not saying that's what's up with Gracie tho :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:08 pm

>:D< Hope the weight loss is just down to the illnesses Gracie has had recently and isn't anything more serious.

I would avoid soya milk at all costs.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Louise wrote:>:D< Hope the weight loss is just down to the illnesses Gracie has had recently and isn't anything more serious.

I would avoid soya milk at all costs.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

Gracie has been on soya milk for the past couple of months and the difference in her is amazing, we do keep some dairy in her diet like cheese and yoghurt but it does make her sick, we are to try her on cows mik again when she turn 1

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 am

Summer lost quite a bit of weight over Christmas, probably about the same amount as Gracie but I can't find her red book so I'm not certain, but that was only over 2 weeks, I know how much of a worry it is, but the HV is probably right, if she's happy she's probably ok, Summer's always happy, I blamed her weightloss on that, she's too busy being happy to be hungry :hohoho: but she gained loads after that, she put it all back on plus some in a week, according the the HV it's quite normal for them to do this when they are ready to be weaned, or just ready for bigger meals/more food!

>:D< >:D< >:D< If she's been ill that probably is a big factor!

This reminds me, must take Summer to be weighed!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Lili did this too, she was growing well until about 12 months and then had a long rounds of colds and whatnot (and started walking!) and gained something like 30g in 2 1/2 months. :shock: Once she got back on form she started to pick up a bit, I'm sure Gracie will too!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:26 am

William is going through simialar atm he is slowly putting on weight but not "enough" he has dropped from the 86th percentile to just over the 50th. Dr and heath nurse have said that hes fine, and are putting it down to him being insanely active.

I hope that her weight picks up and you can stop worrying.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler