hf1

Travel sickness

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Travel sickness

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Rhys has started getting pretty badly travel sick whenever he's on a bus. It's strange because he doesn't get car sick or air sick, but stick him in a bus and he's pretty much sure to puke his guts up :?
Any recommendations as to what I can do for him?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Travel sickness

Postby Annette » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Charlotte was car sick for a while, still is sometimes and we got some phenergan for her. It seemed to do the trick

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Gracie got very ca sick in her rear facing car seat but is fine now she is forward facing. Perhaps it is all the windows on the bus, he can see more of the world going by and it upsets his equilbrium (gawdd no idea how to spell that one)!!!!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Thanks everyone, I think I'll have to try the phenergan. Tbh I get travel sick too now, which is very new, I used to be able to read on a bus and everything, but can't even sit on one now, I had to get stugeron for myself today for the journey home as the journey into town was so bad. I honestly think it's the drivers on Dublin Bus recently, they're terrible and spend the whole time on the brakes :(
Just hope I can get phenergan here, if not I might have to get some shipped over. There are loads of good meds I can't get here :(

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Poor Rhys >:D<

Off to google phenergan, Sophie suffers terribly :(

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Poor Rhys. :( :(
Phenergan can be used for travel sickness. It is an older style antihistamine and can cause drowsiness. Some pharmacies (including ours) won't sell it over the counter any more due to the fact that some parents abused it and kept their children sedated with it. :shock: :shock: Of course it is fine when used in the short term.
I'm not sure of the age restriction either but it could quite probably be 2 years as are most of the other travel sickness medications. Pop in and chat with your pharmacist - they'll tell what if anything you can get.

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Oh poor Rhys, hope you can find something. My boya sre car sick when we go to Scotland but Connor would rather chop off his own leg rather than take any medication :hohoho: (he won't even take calpol, never has. Good job he's never ill)

Return to Baby and Toddler