Nappies and Wraps for a new born

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Nappies and Wraps for a new born

Postby moonfruit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi

What nappies etc would you recommend, and how many?

thanks Lisa x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Nappies and Wraps for a new born

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:49 pm

There are a couple of excellent reviews in the newborn review section I suggest you have a good read of... There have also been a few posts about this recently that again make recommended reading.

Sorry to not be more specific but I'm off to bed and didn't want to read and run...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 pm

will post when LO not sleeping on me, remind me if I forget

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:37 pm

For Ben, I really liked Little Lamb bamboo nappies and wraps - a bit boring and white but very good fit and reasonably priced. I also liked Bambinex and Motherease Rikki Wraps.

Other idea are xs or small Fuzzi Bunz if you like the idea of a pocket. Or for very small babies bimble size 0 or swaddlebees ov newborns are good but I found an "average" baby grows out of these fairly quickly.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

whatever you get, I would recommend LOTS (work on 12 changes per 24 hours!)

My avatar
karen71
Clothie
Clothie

Postby karen71 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 pm

I usually find plain old boring newborn size flat terry squares are best for the first few weeks or couple of months. They're boring but easy to fit to any body shape and quick to drying and at least you won't spend a fortune on something that will only last a couple of months and in that time you'll get chance to find out what sort of nappy will sort your baby best (heavy wetter/chunky thighs/skinny waist etc). Plus they're good to have with you for mop up cloths during the newborn stage and you can always use them for boosting other nappies when babies get bigger :)

Return to Baby and Toddler