hf1

Joys of toddlers

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri May 11, 2007 10:00 am

ok so where was i,
Taneli (aged 3) and Talis (aged 2.5) seem to be naked in the garden.
when asked why? the response seems to be that talia showed him her bottom so he thought he should return the favour!!! Now for the Mystery part..Talia was wearing a dress with buttons at the back...Somehow Taneli'Helped' her to open them...Taneli cannot open buttons!!!
Later that day we had a proper chat (about how bottoms and willies are private!!) and he explained to me that talias nappy was wet, so she wanted to take it off, and so they took off her dress...of course!

But Taneli (bless him!) is a real boy and is obsessed with his boy bits, there seems to be nothing funnier than making his willy stick out of whatever he is wearing (apparently at bed time it likes to hear the story too...and see the pictures, so it MUST be poking out of the top of his pj bottoms...of course!)
he also tried to explain to me a couple of days ago how under his willy (his testicles) there are berrys, and when he ests blue berries that where they go. so i tried explain to him that the little balls are always there, like your toes are always on the end of your feet, so then he asked how we take them out to play with them!

oh the joys of being a mother to little boys!!! (and mysterys!!)

Shevi

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri May 11, 2007 6:55 pm

Oh Shevi you are so funny, that really made me laugh and I had to read it out to dh too, especially the "Papa gives me whiskey but I prefer wine" - love it.

Annette

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri May 11, 2007 7:50 pm

Hehehe! Shevi that's a good one :lol: :lol:

It makes me glad I've got girls, I wouldn't know what to do with little boys and their 'bits' :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri May 11, 2007 11:29 pm

Hehehe that really made me giggle :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

newest tidbit from Taneli!

Postby Shevi » Sat May 12, 2007 10:38 pm

'Oh Mummy I am so proud of you! you made such a lovely supper!'

bless him! i almost cried!

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:11 am

Oh Shevi, how sweet. Toddlers really are a joy! They are more than worth the work you put into them :D

I remember when James (now 17) was 3 and he was a very precocious child like a little old man at times but sooo funny, anyhoo we went to a furniture store to help MIL choose a new sofa. The sales guy came up and started talking to James in a jokey way you know the sort of thing " ooh have you got a girlfriend" "are you married" etc. James just fixed him with a dirty look and said " Don't talk to me in that tone of voice" and walked off! We were in stitches :lol: .

Ericax

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon May 14, 2007 9:08 am

people without kids really do underestimate the intelligence of toddlers!!

another one,
before Zacharia was born, my SIL had a baby boy, so we thought it was a good oppurtunity to get Taneli used to their being a baby about, so while he was around, i made sure to hold the baby, and change his nappy occasionally, but he wasn't so keen on that, and said 'Mummy, give that baby back to Aunty Michal, its not yours!'

and another...
Taneli has very eclectic taste in music, and although he loves the bob the builder song (who doesn't!) he also will listen to the radio, and say,'i love that song, it is much favourite!'
recent favourites have been Wisemen by James blunt (which he sings alot with!) Chasing cars by Snow patrol (can recognise from the first second of intro) and Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
one day hes sitting in the bath, singing 'bad day' (as you do!) and asks 'Mummy, why did Daniel Powter have a bad day? did somebody hit him?' so of course i responded that i hoped nobody hit him as that would be a very naughty thing to do, so he asked 'did somebody shout at him and make him sad?' so what do you repond to that!? in the nd we dicided that his day had just been generally a bit pants, and he poured off milk in his coffee and missed his bus and was late, so now whenever he hears the song he tells whoever is nearby 'Daniel Powter had a bad day cos his milk was off and his coffee was yucky' in a very earnest way!

bless him!
(other favourite songs include - build me up buttercup (both the busted version and the old one!) I'm a believer (and others from shrek) and anything from the cars soundtrack!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon May 14, 2007 9:40 am

and another.

he is car mad, so my mum has the dvd of the old version of the Italian Job. so we found the bit with the minis driving accoross the town, and he was loving it!
the menu on the DVD has the 'we are the self preservation society' song in the background (which for weeks Taneli walked around singing!!) and unknown to me, also has a few choice clips from the film, including Michael caine shouting the infamous line 'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!' Unfortunately Taneli heard this, and first he added a line about the 'bloody doors' to his version of the 'mini cooper film' song, and last term i had a phone call from his nursery...which is very religious!! (most of the kids and teachers dont watch TV whouldn't have ever heard of Shrek or Cars and certainly not the 'Mini Cooper Film!!)
So the Head Teacher, (who is more 'modern' and realistic!!) called me up, and apparently as its an intergrated special needs and mainstream nursery, once a term they record and write down, and analyse a 15 minute interation with each child (yes, they take themselves very seriously!) and during Taneli's he was playing with cars, and re-enacting some scenes from the italian job, while singing the song...with his bloody doors extra line...and he is with one of these very religious teachers who hears him and looks confused as to what he has said, so asks him what he's singing, to which he respondeds ' From the Mini Copper Film! You know, You're only supposed to Blow the bloody doors off!' which she thinks she has misheard, so she asks him what he has said...so he repeats it!! and then continues to sing the whole song again!!!
The head teacher (bless her) sounded so embarrassed to have to tell me! and i could hear the slight giggle under her voice (as it is quite funny..esp. thinking that one of the other kids could go home repeating it!!) and she knew exactly what film he was talking about when the transcript got to her!
Whoops!

Shevi

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 14, 2007 11:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is soooo funny shevi!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler