hf1

whereto buy shoes with width fitting

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

whereto buy shoes with width fitting

Postby Mareth » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Can anyone recommend any sites to buy toddler shoes (size 4/20) online, where you can select the width? I can find loads of good sites, but barely any that have a width selection.

Thanks

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: whereto buy shoes with width fitting

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm assuming you mean other than clarkes and start-rite?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 pm

I've bought Clarks and Startite shoes cheaper from here before. I can't think of any other shops that sell shoes with width fittings as well.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:39 pm

I didn't realise that Clarks sold online (cos they don't over here :roll: ) they don't seem to bad, pricewise, but don't have a lot of choice really. I looked at Startrite, but they seem quite expensive and I don't have a lot of cash to spare. :(

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm actually browsing that site now Louise, they have really good prices, but the way they sell seems a bit strange, all done via paypal with no online shop :-?

But now that I know someone that's done it before I feel a bit better about it, so might go with that.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm afraid to say,unless his feet get narrower that you wont have much selection Jak's had the same shoes 3 times!!

DCs are really good for wide feet though :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:58 pm

flutterby wrote:I'm afraid to say,unless his feet get narrower that you wont have much selection Jak's had the same shoes 3 times!!

DCs are really good for wide feet though :wink:

Tell me about it, I have the same problem with Katie. Every time we go to Clarks they only have 1 or 2 pairs in her size. :gaah:. Someone recommended robeez tredz to me so I might look into getting some of those next time instead.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:02 pm

I think in the smaller sizes it's even worse, at a size 4 mostly all you can get is soft soles or cruisers and as Rhys is perfectly able to walk properly (and also needs good supportive shoes cos of the clubfoot) it's so hard to find real shoes, and thats without even thinking about the H fitting.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Anna has narrow feet so we have the same problem. I always go into the shops to get shoes, don't think I would be confortable buying online as I like to make sure they are a great fit. School shoes are always clarkes.x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler