Naps at 18 months

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Naps at 18 months

Postby Allie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:31 pm

I wish Harriet would nap but she dropped her nap at 18 months and it's very rare that she naps these days. Sounds like Rhys is doing just fine and if everyones happy with it and it isn't affecting bedtimes then I would stick with it whilst it lasts :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Zac still naps for that long at about the same time. It is just starting to affect his going to sleep at night now, so we may have to cut it soon.

Lockie did too until he stopped napping altogether at about 2 1/2. Enjoy the downtime during the day while you can - I really miss it. :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Bela doesn't always nap - today she didn't. But she goes to bed at around 8pm - for the same reason as Rhys (I get in late :( ) and, generally, sleeps through until between 7 & 8 am.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Today Benjamin has had two proper naps at 17months 2 days!, first nap was this morning from 8.30 or so to 9.15, then other nap was at 1.30 to 3.15 or there abouts.

I have found what works for us, is now we have sorted out night times again and self settling (he always slept through from cot age) the cot is for bedtime. Pushchair in living room is for nap times (his carrycot always used to be in the living room, but we started trying to use cot instead) but he self settles in the phil and ted's if he can also hold a fisher price roll around ball in each hand!

Tomorrow he might have a nap in the car around 12 for nursery collection, then not sleep until 2 or later, depends if he waits for his cuddle with Robert when they occasionally still nap together, rather than every day since birth!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Marion wrote:Can i join in? (i'm new here). Jasmin is 18 months, and also naps for 2.5 hours during the day, usually from 4pm-6.30pm. bedtime is around 10.30-11pm, and she wakes up for the day anywhere from 9.30-10.30am!
(bedtime used to be much earlier but she wanted lots of assistance to go to sleep. this way she is learning to go to sleep on her own.)

marion xx

Eek, I don't think I could cope with a wee one going to bed at that time, come 7:70 Gracie is asleep and the older 2 follow at abut 8pm. Gracie has a pretty set routine, wakes at 6:30-7am, has bottle, breakfast at 9 when kiddies have gone to school and then she has a sleep till 11am, lunch at 12, nap at 2:30-3 for an hour or so dinner at 5 and start over again. WE have never had to settle her to sleep, we have just left her to it from birth so she is used to going to sleep on her own and always sleeps in her bed, never downstairs.

Going back to the origional post, I would say Rhys is doing just fine, Kieran still napped for about the same length of time at that age but Anna had pretty much dropped hers by then - girl thing I think/1111 x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Kirsty, 7:70, whens that??? :lol:

My avatar
Marion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Marion » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:22 am

:lol:
kirsty, i used to think the same thing when i heard about other babies going to bed that late. but jasmin was a terrible sleeper from the beginning, she would fight sleep. now i love sleeping-in in the mornings, don't think i could cope with getting up at 6.30 :D
mareth, oh to have an easy-going baby that falls asleep in a bean bag. wow. i'm too scared to have another baby, in case he/she is also a bad sleeper. :)

My avatar
annieb77
Clothie
Clothie

Postby annieb77 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Aaron usually wakes at 6 am , goes down for his nap at 9am and usually sleeps for 2 hours , sometimes 3 , ocassionally they are shorter, he's 20 months tommorow :)

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler