reward charts and the like...

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

reward charts and the like...

Postby Joaninha » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:16 am

So,
a) I'm a bit tired of picking up after the boys, only for them to promptly dump everything on the floor again. :roll:
b) I'd like to give my future DILs the gift of a man who knows how to pick up after himself, and does it! ( :hohoho: I can dream, hey! :hohoho: )

With that in mind, I am wondering if a reward chart would be a good idea, remembering that Jaime is only 3, and Lucas only 1-ish... But I figure that if we start early, the chances of success are greater.

Has anyone used these? Does anyone have any tips? Any help is greatly appreciated!
(I should add that the boys aren't that bad, and I regularly get "pease" and "tanks" - there are no treats given, unless a "please" is attached to the request! But I would prefer to believe that I am -sorry, we are :giggle: :wink: - raising a different kind of man to the ones we moan about, iykwim...)

ETA: Thank you!!!!! :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: reward charts and the like...

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 am

Reward charts have worked very well with my two older ones although we have now moved on to having an empty glass jar that gets filled with marbles. Once it's full they get to choose a treat such as a new toy, going out somewhere special etc. Not sure how effective it would be for Lucas as Katie doesn't understand the concept at all yet.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:47 pm

I can't see why it wouldn't work we briefly used one with Jak and it worked really well, it can't hurt to try! Also Jak can't have any toys out till the last are put away, and if he doesn't put his toys away before bed he doesn't get a story!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:17 pm

We have a star chart for Charlotte, she likes picking the star. We use it mainly for getting dressed and going to bed as they are the 2 most problematic things and it seems to work, atm the star is the prize and that is enough right now but I am sure she will get wise to it and start demanding more!

I like the idea of a jar of marbles Louise :D

Return to Baby and Toddler