Total votes : 8
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Butter

Postby clothmama » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:53 am

If your baby is over 1 year do you use salted or unsalted butter?

Just wondering as I used to be very careful to only use unsalted whereas now I'm a bit more relaxed and if its salted thats sat there I'll use that. Not that he really has much butter at all now that I think about it but I did melt some on his potato and carrots last night which made me think!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:23 am

I bought unsalted butter for Charlotte when we first started weening. But as she normally has our meals now, she gets what we cook with which is salted.

Generally she doesn't have alot of salt in her diet and so I am fairly relaxed about it. We don't add salt to cooking or on her meals.

She really does have a balanced diet and I think you can get too hung up about it.

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:13 am

Whatever is in the fridge. I tend to buy the reduced salt versions anyway.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:01 pm

Unsalted here - I've got used to the taste of it and don't mind so it's all we have in these days...

Generally I'm quite relaxed about it tho' as we don't add salt to cooking (apart from bread) but as she sometimes eats quite a lot of cheese I don't want to add to the salt from that!

I think breakfast cereals can be quite high in salt too but again as she doesn't have salt in much else I'm not too worried about it - most of what she has is home-cooked and same as us anyway and I don't miss the salt...

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:40 pm

whatever i have, i usually buy unsalted, but if salted is what i've got, then thats what they eat!
since that junk food poll where i ticked occasionally, they have been eating rather more! and i blame u guys! had i not said 'oh yes i am such a good mummy' i would have actually been iyswim!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Shevi wrote:whatever i have, i usually buy unsalted, but if salted is what i've got, then thats what they eat!
since that junk food poll where i ticked occasionally, they have been eating rather more! and i blame u guys! had i not said 'oh yes i am such a good mummy' i would have actually been iyswim!
:D :D :D :D :D :D We are soooooo evil :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:02 pm

We use either, I dont really see a problem with it, we dont add extra salt to her food and she only has a smidgen on her bread anyway.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:23 pm

We use salted as lily just eats what we have. I'm with beck as it doesn't concern me at all as I don't cook with salt and most of what she eats is low salt toddler versions (bickies, fruit bars etc).

Sam...

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:48 am

Where's the neither option Tory :lol: . We can't use butter :cry:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler