hf1

wind

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

wind

Postby charliesam » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:19 pm

sam is now 13 months and still our life seems to revolve around his wind :x :x if he is windy(which he seems to be most of the time) he writhers around shouting obviously not happy and eventually f**ts or you hear it coming up in back of his throat :evil: this can last hours and can go on most of the day.
at night despite being exhausted he can't get to sleep and takes ages to settle usually in my arms :evil: he then is unsettled for a few hours then seems to have a deep sleep (if we are lucky ) for about 3-4 hours then spends the rest of the night tossing and turning, moaning and groaning sleeping for maybe 5-1omins at a time. needless to say i am exhausted :cry: :cry:

he is on meds for reflux but i am not sure they help this :evil: when he does sleep he has his back arched with his head right back. I don't know if some foods make it worse tonight he is awful- he hasn't slept since 11am and i know he is tierd but won't settle at all :x he has had a small amount of choclate and i have thought that makes things worse but obviously he doesn't get that v often

is anyone else's child like this???? and any suggestions what i can do????

in the past we have tried infacol and colief gripe water and not convinced any of them helped :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

sarahx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: wind

Postby Shevi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:40 pm

poor things (both of you)
have you tried baby massage?
camomile / peppermint tea?

cutting out and re-introducing foods to see if there is something that seems to be a direct causer?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Has he had his reflux meds dose increased at all to account for the fact that he is bigger now?

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:02 pm

we used to goto baby massage but sam was never that keen :( i do try rubbing his tum (as shown) in baby massage but now he pushes me away :(
i haven't tried the teas- did try drinking them myself when i was still :bf: but maybe should try a v weak version in a beaker

several times i have tried to eliminate what i think maybe the cause but it is v difficult to know what- i think if things don't improve i will have to cut gack to the v basics and then try adding things in :-? trouble is sam loves his food and i am keen on introducing him to as much as possble so he doesn't get too fussy :x :x :x

steph- he went up from half to 1 tab of losec (10mg) which i think is a good dose- i am not sure he always gets it all because it does not seem to disolve v easily and sometimes i see bits in the bottle but recently i have been dissolving it in hot water first then adding to milk to try to overcome this

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:09 pm

What reflux meds is he on? Bella was on Domperidone, which helps food go through the gut faster - may help sort his tummy out?

Dh, who has been reading over my shoulder, suggests diluted OJ, purely on the basis that it has helped Bella with tummy issues.

Not sure if either suggesytion is helpful really.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Harriet has always been quite windy and good old fashioned gripe water and "the nappy hold" (ankles together and gently lift legs up and down" usually works for us :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:26 pm

To be honest it does sound like the reflux meds need reviewing properly by a paed... Especially given how you said he sleeps - that's the discomfort showing through...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm

:hug: :hug: bless poor wee thing, the way he sleeps makes it sound as if he is very uncorfortable, I agree with Steph I would take him to get reviewed babies and lo's need good quality sleep, more :hug: for you

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:11 pm

no idea but lots of :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler