hf1

daycare

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

daycare

Postby beck » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:59 am

Have been thinking about when we are going to start Phebie at daycare (only 2 days a week) Hannah started at 18ish months but when Phebies that age the new bub will only be a month or so. I was thinking if I started her then she might feel as though she was been handed off because of the baby iykwim. I could start her at 16months which is a month before the baby and then she might be at least a little bit used to it by the time the baby comes and wont feel pushed away if that makes sense.

Sorry for the ramble but what do you girls think??

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:03 am

I think that's a good idea - as, like you said, you don't want her to feel palmed off there when the new baby comes - also I imagine it'll be a good break for you in the last month of your PG as you're not going to want to be running round after her at that stage I guess!

Only thing to consider possibly is were Hannah and Phebie on time, early or late babies?!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:12 am

Now see theres something else to worrying about as well! Phebie was 2 weeks early and then Hannah was a whole month early so who knows when this little man will come but you can bet he wont come on time!! But then I dont really want to start Phebie any earlier.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:18 am

That is a tricky one because as you say you don't really want her to associate having to go to daycare with the arrival of the new baby. I would have thought plan on starting at 16m like you say (give you a bit of a rest and also plenty of you and baby time when he arrives) but see how things are when he decides to make an appearance, hopefully he isn't going to be early and she will have a month to settle in.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:53 pm

I would think before the baby comes would be the best time, so its part of her life and not associated with baby coming, 'me going'.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:02 am

Thanks girls I think I will start her at 16months. I think we're going to have enough jealousy issues to deal with without adding in the extra daycare stress :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 pm

How weird, I didn't see this message!!

I agree with the others to start her earlier so that she has time to get used to it and hope that the little man doesn't arrive too early!

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:40 pm

I agree with everyone else. Start her before the new bub. It'll still be a new and exciting thing for her by the time the bub comes and you wont have to worry about settling her in when you're sleep deprived with a newborn.

Return to Baby and Toddler