hf1

How long does ur lo sleep for at night?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How long does ur lo sleep for at night?

Postby cherobanne » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:44 pm

flutterby wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:Iris goes to bed at 7.30 pm and then sleeps until anytime between 5.30-6.30 am. At that point she comes into bed with me, has some milk and then goes back to sleep until about 8.30 am.

I'm a great believer in this, Jak goes to bed at 8, and Summer falls asleep anytime between 6 and 9 they wake around 7.30 annd come in bed with me for an hr, Jak watches telly, Sumer goes back to sleep, and I doze :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

We do the same here. Matthew goes to bed 7.30 - 8ish, usually wakes around 5 but will come in for a cuddle and goes back to sleep til around 8. Evie goes down about 9.30, sleeps til about 7 then comes into bed for her morning feed.
It works well for us :D

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Fri May 15, 2009 9:56 pm

Elizabeth is 8 months today, she was a brilliant sleeper when she was newborn, then she hit 3 months and everything went horribly wrong! She goes to bed 9.30-10pm, dreamfeed between 11-11.30pm then she tends to wake at either 2am or 3am or both. I'm refusing to feed her now until she has gone 6hrs from her last feed, so she tends to get another feed when she wakes at approx 5.30am then back to bed until 8-8.30am where she'll wake for another feed and we'll be up for the day.

I am hoping that one day she'll allow me to have 6 whole hours without waking me up but I think I can count on one hand how many times this has happened! :shock:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Amber is 4 months at the end of June and goes down between 10-12pm and sleeps through til 8-9am generally. Some nights she will have a whinge about 6-7am but give her a dummy and she usually settles.

Sarah x

My avatar
karen71
Clothie
Clothie

Postby karen71 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:55 am

My DS George used to get up at 5.20am every day from about 5 months old until he was about 2 and a half. I think I read in a Baby Whisperer book that its a common time of day for babies to wake and most settle themselves back to sleep but some (my darling DS being one of them) just don't go back to sleep. I think she recommends wake to sleep which i think is waking them out of deep sleep an hour before the time they usually wake then settling them back to sleep again. I don't know if it works but maybe worth a try - if you could be bothered with all the rigmorole you could probably find out more about it on the Baby Whisperer site - personally I used to just get up and lie on the sofa whilst he played, it seemed the easier option at the time :)

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 pm

scrunchkins wrote:Depends really but Harriet usually goes to bed between 6:30pm and 7pm and wakes anytime from 6am, she's been in this pattern since she was a couple of months old. Anything beyond 7am is very unusual :roll:

Snap! Aoife is the same..bed around 6.30pm & wide awake and causing havok by 6.30am, Imogen is up around 7.30 - 8am and bed around 9.30 at night

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:57 am

Both children go down at 7:30.... Isaac wakes anywhere between 5am and 8 am :roll: Abbie wakes between 5:30 and 7.....:)

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:57 am

hmm,
think ive got a bad baby ! :crossbaby:
emilie goes down at 7.30 then wakes 4 times between 11.30 & 5am, usualy coz shes sat herself up in bed or stood up & most of the time all i have to do is go and lay her down again and she will go back to sleep.
ive got a nasty feeling it might be the early signs of sleep walking,her brother did the same when he was older & used to scare me by standing by the side of the bed.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 am

Yeah, Lili's a dreadful sleeper, but I just can't face the 'sleep training' (I'm not making my baby cry, sometimes it's unavoidable and I have to leave her for a few minutes but it's just not a big enough deal to me to put her through that stress for hours on end!).

For a while when she was really little she'd regularly sleep from 10 or 11 through to 5ish, then back to sleep again for a few more hours, but once she started teething (around 5 months) she started waking up a lot - she's usually up between 2-5 times between 11-7, and then wakes up for good around 8 (or sometimes 9).

We've been cosleeping for over a year because I don't want to have to get in and out of bed 10 times (pick her up, put her back), and often I'd find when I tried to lower her into her cot she'd wake up and we'd have to start over, but she's quite snuggly so I'm in no rush to stop that either. I used to feel worn out from the broken nights, but I'm used to it now. :mrgreen: She'll get there eventually (hopefully by 3).

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler