hf1

When did you/do you intend to move baby into their own bed?

My avatar
Sparkle
Clothie
Clothie

When did you/do you intend to move baby into their own bed?

Postby Sparkle » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 am

Rubes is 16 months now and I have been thinking that within the next 6 months or so we should really be thinking about getting her into a bed.

With Jack I was a typical 1st time Mum and very keen for him to move onto the next stage of development asap :oops: :oops: and he was in his own bed with guard rails by the time he was about 20 months but Rubes is my :babyroll: (as much as she will disagree :wink: ) and to be honest anything other than a weeny toddler expandi bed thing would be too big for her room.

When did you all move your LO's into their own bed? I found it hard enough to stop co-sleeping and move her into her cot!

Someone tell me she need to be in there until she is at least 16 :wink: :hohoho:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: When did you/do you intend to move baby into their own bed?

Postby beck » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:09 am

Hannah got moved into a bed at 20months for the same reason as you really. Phebie was in her cot til she was 27months roughly as she flipped herself over the side of her cot one night - thankfully I was standing there or she would of been head first on the floor. Plans for William are he will be in his til he is at least 2.5 as his cot sides are higher then what Phebs were. I know what you mean about wanting to keep them in cots for as long as possible - there no longer our babies when they are in a big bed and sometimes a real fight at night times to get them to stay in there bed :x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:22 am

Harriet was moved into a bed at 16 months but that was mainly because she had started climbing out of her cot :shock:. I think this baby though will be in his cot for much longer as sometimes it is a battle to get Harriet to stay in bed :?

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:06 am

My older 2 were moved to a bed when they were around 2 but Katie has been in a bed since 16 months.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:09 am

my older girls were in a bed at about 1 and a half but im not sure when i'll move Dafydd as he's still plenty of room and is not climing up the cot so he's safe there.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:02 am

Kieran was in a bed at 14 months because Anna was on the way and we needed the cot, Anna went to a bed at about the same age as she was just determind to have a bed, not sure about Gracie, part of me wants to ge her little bed soon but the other part of me wants her to stay in her cot, there is plenty of room and she isn't climbing (just throws her pillow out) so not sure really - not much help am I???? :giggle:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 am

I have no plans to move Ben into a bed in the near future! We have the sides ready for the big bed, but it is a big 3 foot bed, so until he grows out of it about 2 1/2 is what I was thinking.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 am

Matthew went into a toddler bed not long after he turned 2. I was pregnant, DH working most evenings and I was finding it really difficult lifting Matthew in and out of his cot. Thankfully he loved it and transitioned well.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't think there is any need to rush. Charlotte was in a bed just before she was 2 but that was because I wanted the cot for Ben and wanted a gap between her moving out of it and him moving in so that she didn't feel forced out iykwim. I can't imagine moving Ben so quickly, although he is in a cotbed so we can convert it first before thinking about buying a bed. So perhaps next summer we might think about it, after he is 2.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler