NEEDs dark to sleep?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

NEEDs dark to sleep?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:21 am

More questions for you all!! :giggle: :giggle:

Okay so Grace is super hard to settle unless I put a muslin over her eyes (obviously not covering her nose or mouth) and then she'll usually nod off really quickly regardless of being on her front or back!
Once she's deeply asleep I can move it and she'll stay settled...
At night with her in bed next to me I turn off the light and more often than not she'll just go to sleep...

Same for anyone else?

Obviously I'm glad that aside from feeds she sleeps well at night until it's light but it's a bit of a PITA during the day - esp as I don't really want to do it while we're out and about because it looks bad! :oops: :oops:

Obviously every day is different here at the moment and we're only gradually getting into the swing of things :giggle:
She may decide she doesn't need it in a week I guess!
I was wondering if it's just the whole 'shutting out the world' overstimulation thing...

Interestingly she isn't one for being swayed/rocked to sleep... Although that will temporarily settle her she won't usually go (and stay) to sleep like that...

It's all so different from Isabelle (partly because Isabelle was prem) heh...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: NEEDs dark to sleep?

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:29 am

My friend's little boy always slept with something over his face - I think Annette's Ben did / does too. Freaked me out the first time I babysat and went to check on him and he had pulled his cover all the way over his head!

It probably is the overstimulation thing, but as long as it works then go with it

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:33 am

I suppose it seems a bit weird but if it works then I'd say go with it. I have certainly seen other babies who like the muslin over face thing.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 am

If we were out and about I used to put a blanket over the hood of the pram/buggy to shade out the light otherwise Harriet wouldn't go to sleep but she was fine indoors. If it works for you i'd say go for it :-?

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 am

Both my neice and nephew only slept if they had a muslin over their face. I tried it with Jude but he never took to a muslin. I put a blackout blind (about £15 from argos) up in his room and his naps became a lot longer. If we are out I put a blanket/muslin over the hood and he will drop off easier.(and stay asleep)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:48 am

I agree with the others, if it is working for you then carry on. Gracie likes her room to be dark and doesn't really sleep when we are out and about although nosiness has a lot to do with that :giggle:

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Hughesette » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 am

yeah, just to add lela has a teddy blanket she has had from birth and she always pulls it over her head to sleep. I tend to find her asleep with it or something over her head. Just one of those things i think. X
Velvetsteph wrote:More questions for you all!! :giggle: :giggle:

Okay so Grace is super hard to settle unless I put a muslin over her eyes (obviously not covering her nose or mouth) and then she'll usually nod off really quickly regardless of being on her front or back!
Once she's deeply asleep I can move it and she'll stay settled...
At night with her in bed next to me I turn off the light and more often than not she'll just go to sleep...

Same for anyone else?

Obviously I'm glad that aside from feeds she sleeps well at night until it's light but it's a bit of a PITA during the day - esp as I don't really want to do it while we're out and about because it looks bad! :oops: :oops:

Obviously every day is different here at the moment and we're only gradually getting into the swing of things :giggle:
She may decide she doesn't need it in a week I guess!
I was wondering if it's just the whole 'shutting out the world' overstimulation thing...

Interestingly she isn't one for being swayed/rocked to sleep... Although that will temporarily settle her she won't usually go (and stay) to sleep like that...

It's all so different from Isabelle (partly because Isabelle was prem) heh...

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 am

My nephew does the covered face thing to sleep, too. I'd say go with it and what Grace is letting you know works for her!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 am

scrunchkins wrote:If we were out and about I used to put a blanket over the hood of the pram/buggy to shade out the sun

I was going to reccomend that too!

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler