Update on us...............

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Update on us...............

Postby jules070603 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 am

Hi All,

Just been lurking a bit in recent days as we've been making a few decisions and getting things straight.

All is going well here, Imogen is starting to have more awake moments and is already supporting her head for a bit, seems quite strong. She is already getting too big for some newborn things (obviously depends on the make) and I've been suprised that I've not had many issues with baby clothes over the cloth nappies at all.

We have decided, after a lot of soul searching, to move her onto formula. I am obviously a bit disappointed but as I promised myself, I'm not beating myself up about it this time. After a week of constant feeding in the night I was becoming exhausted and the elation of Imogens birth was being overshadowed by me feeling rotten and tearful. I thought we may have turned a corner when Imogen started cluster feeding in the evening which would obviously be easier to cope with but after a 3 hour session and an hour asleep she was up again for 5 hours that night on one boob or the other and my (.)(.) were just so painful despite copious amounts of lansinoh. I promised myself I wouldn't get myself in a state like I did after Zach was born (it was awful, I cried every day for about 6 weeks) and I could feel it happening so I had to do something about it.

Thanks for all the support you gave me when I posted about the BF, it was much appreciated and I only wish things had worked out differently but by the end I wasn't enjoying BF to be honest. I have to question my supply after stopping as even though Imogen was almost constantly attached for the first week I have had hardly any engorgement and not much leaking at all which seems a bit strange, maybe I just don't have a great supply as we had similar issues with Zach and it affected his weight gain a lot.

Apart from this, things are going really well. I am enjoying the newborn experience and we are starting to get used to being a family of four. We both seem more relaxed about having a tiny baby this time, especially DH who had both of them alone for an hour and a half yesterday while I was at the dentist (wasn't supposed to be this long but he was running late :roll: ), when we had Zach he would have been very nervous about being left alone with him so soon. I LOVE my little nappies and we are getting into a routine with them now, I'll have to do a thread about my faves and I've been taking some pictures too.

Thanks for reading if you've got the the end. xxx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Update on us...............

Postby beck » Sat May 02, 2009 10:24 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: for the breastfeeding not working out like you'd like but you gave it a good go :) Cant wait to see some more pics of Imogen, does she get called Immy at all?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:59 am

beck wrote:does she get called Immy at all?

Yes, :D I've been calling her that actually and I like it :D Zach just calls her 'baby' I think he finds Imogen a bit difficult to say :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat May 02, 2009 11:01 am

Sounds like you are doing great Jules and you have done the right thing - made the decision that is right for you and your family. Enjoy your time with her, the time flies way too fast - I just don't know where the last year has gone :wink:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:12 am

Annette wrote:Sounds like you are doing great Jules and you have done the right thing - made the decision that is right for you and your family. Enjoy your time with her, the time flies way too fast - I just don't know where the last year has gone :wink:

Thanks, I'm feeling quite emotional about the time flying already!!! Now Imogen is here I do feel like we have a complete family even though I always though we'd have three children, it just feels right IYSWIM so maybe this will be our last baby after all :( We will make the most of it :)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat May 02, 2009 11:59 am

Sounds like things are going well Jules and be assured you have done absolutely the right thing for you and your family. You gave breastfeeding a good go but nothing should overshadow those precious early days with your beautiful daughter. :hug: :hug:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You have to make the decisions you feel right and you need to enjoy these early days too. Hope you are managing to get some sleep and dh can take turns in the night now :wine:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat May 02, 2009 2:33 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: Well done for giving it your best shot :hug: :hug: :hug: I had issues with my supply for both ds2 and Evie - I beat myself up about stopping bfing ds2 and felt such guilt as I had fed ds1 successfully. I said I would do my best to bf Evie, but after 48 hours and no wet nappies from her I made the decision to switch to formula, and I was much less stressed about it as she was more content, and we were able to start enjoying her early days!

Its amazing how quickly they grow isnt it :mrgreen: And amazing how daddies can cope much better 2nd time around :lol: Enjoy :D

Sadie xx

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sat May 02, 2009 5:45 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: glad you made the right descion for you and your family- the most important thing is to enjoy those precious few weeks :)

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler