hf1

Update on Reflux after A&E visit page 2...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Update on Reflux after A&E visit page 2...

Postby flutterby » Fri May 15, 2009 10:24 am

So glad you were listened to, and I really hope the meds help, but what's all this about my fuzzis being boring :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri May 15, 2009 10:40 am

Sorry Steph, I missed this yesterday. Glad you were able to get stuff for her at A&E and I really hope they work well for her.

Eve has reflux, and takes ranitidine. DH is a paediatrician and we were able to get it sorted really early thankfully. It's made a world of difference with her, she was like a completely different baby after taking it for a few days.
Hope it's the same with Grace :hug:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:35 am

So glad you went to A&E and got something sorted Steph. I really hope it makes a massive difference to Grace and to you.

Sounds like A&E was the right thing to do but isn't it a shame that you have to go to hospital to be taken seriously and seen too :-? In the case of a baby in pain you should be able to see a paed much sooner just from your GP IMO, especially when the GP isn't allowed to prescribe anything to help.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 15, 2009 1:17 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: So glad you are starting to get better meds and were taken seriously at hospital :hug: :hug:

Been there with the nappies too :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Glad to hear that the A&E trip was so useful. FC that the meds start to help Grace quickly and she's pain-free soon. Poor baby. :hug:

But :giggle: at the white FB.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 15, 2009 2:11 pm

:hug: :hug:
I hope the medicines are kicking in now and helping

isn't that just typical about the white FB!!! :giggle:

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Fri May 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Thank goodness you're getting it sorted and well done for persevering and not being fobbed off. I really hope things improve rapidly! :hug:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri May 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm so pleased your trip was worthwhile, but as Jules said, it's wrong that you should have to do that rather than have a quick referral from your GP.

I posted in Jules reflux thread (I think) about how debilitating and depressing I found the whole experience when Connor had it. Not only does the sickness and crying and lack of sleep get you down, but then when you venture out you feel embarrassed and a failure, even though it's something you have no control over. But hopefully all that will soon be a thing of the past for Grace and you :D

Btw, I had to give Connor's gaviscon before feeds not after. I found it really tricky, not the faff of preparing it, but I had to give it four times a day so wanted to give it to keep down decent sized feeds. It was so disappointing to give it then he'd come off the boob after about 1 minute, then typically within an hour he'd have a really good feed which he'd then bring back up :roll:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler