hf1

Mums with more than one baby - what will I need?!

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Mums with more than one baby - what will I need?!

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu May 14, 2009 8:07 pm

I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going!
There will be 16mths between my two, do u have any suggestions on what we'll need?

I definately don't have enough nappies, but dont have a huge budget - any suggestions on reliable nappies? I prefer two parters, only use pockets in emergencies - but on saying that aslong as it's cheap and reliable I'm not too fussed!

Oh and slighty off the point - is it true that each baby is bigger than ur previous one.... or am I just gullable? lol

Chelle x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Mums with more than one baby - what will I need?!

Postby Shevi » Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 pm

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going!
There will be 16mths between my two, do u have any suggestions on what we'll need?

I definately don't have enough nappies, but dont have a huge budget - any suggestions on reliable nappies? I prefer two parters, only use pockets in emergencies - but on saying that aslong as it's cheap and reliable I'm not too fussed!

Oh and slighty off the point - is it true that each baby is bigger than ur previous one.... or am I just gullable? lol

Chelle x

good old little lambs are good value and great nappies, and the size 1 can easily be folded down for NB.

and my mums babys 9and mine so far) have got smaller each time...so there is hope

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 pm

All of my three got smaller each time too. :wink: Ryan was in nappies when Katie arrived although I used completely different nappies for both. It really depends on how often you are going to wash them and how you are going to be drying them. A newborn will probably go through approx 10-12 nappies in 24 hours compared to 5/6 for a toddler. So if you're washing every day I'd say an absolute minimum of 25 nappies. Little lambs are definitely a good budget option.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu May 14, 2009 9:12 pm

I know you've got some sandies, how about some diddy diapers or bimbles for bump, as for Lyra I think over time with experimentation you will find something you like to use for her, which in turn bump can use when she out grows them/potty trains!

As for getting bigger, they do say they are likely to get bigger but Summer was over a lb lighter than Jak, and I think Joesph was a little smaller than Alexander (by the way have you heard from Chloe recently) I also remember reading if your previous LO was over the average weight for a NB, which if I remember rightly Lyra was, then the rule is reversed and they get smaller, but TBH I worried so much about Summer being huge and now I realise you really can't bank on anything when it comes to babies being born, I heard they were meant to get earlier but did a poll on here and most peoples 2nd LOs were later, also labours generally get shorter, but my labour with Summer was nearly double what it was with Jak!

And your right your pregnancy is going SOOO fast, seems like yesterday you told us you wer expecting!!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu May 14, 2009 9:30 pm

A play pen

:giggle: :giggle:

no.. seriously.. Lucas was 20 months when the girls were born and as such he wanted to 'play' with them, I found the playpen (or in my case it was a large travel cot that I kept set up in the front room) invaluable, it meant I could lay the girls in it and go get a cuppa knowing that Lucas couldn't get to them.. or.. on occassion I would put Lucas in it with some toys so I could have some time to myself for a few mins in another room :oops:

I can't recomment one enough :giggle: :giggle:

jan x

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu May 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Thinking of LL bamboo nappies and a couple of UD wraps and wool for NB.

We have a room divider/play pen for lo for when I pop out the room as she's cruisng everywhere now lol, so already got that sorted.
Also been given a moses basket, but not sure if I want to use it for too long. Only used it for 4 wks then moved Lyra into her cotbed and she was absolutely fine. So another cotbed needed.

Have lots of clothes saved but will get a couple of neutral grows and vests.

My head keep going blank as to what else I'll need.

Oh and FC baby is smaller so I get my HWB lol!!!!!!

Hanna - chloe's been on FB recently, I think she's busy with her house.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu May 14, 2009 10:00 pm

You may be better to think about getting a small bed for Lyra, Jak was in a normal bed by 16 months I think, though can't remember exactly, you could always get a rail for it!

Bumps size should not affect you having a HWB in the slightest as I remember there is a lady on here had her LOs at home both with no drugs and the second was over 10lb, if it's what you want you just have to fight for it!!

I will send Chloe a message, I miss her :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm

WE have 16 months between our first 2 as well and if I had had my way I would have done the same again. it was lovely and as a result they are very close. Can't really think of anything you might need, will have another think in the morning when I haven't had 3 glasses of wine!!!! The only thing we bought was a double buggy, Kieran went into his single bed at 14 months to get him used to it before Anna arrived. Another baby imo didn't make that much difference as I managed to get them to nap at the same time. We we wren't using cloth with either at the time so don't have any advice there - sorry. Kieran was 8lbs, Anna just under 9lbs but then Gracie was 6lbs 8oz so no they don't always get bigger and Kieran was 8 days late and Anna 12 days late!!!!

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Fri May 15, 2009 7:53 am

We actually chose not to get a double buggy, as they can be a faff to manouver or are waaaaaaay too expensive. As a result, Lucas has been carried in a sling of one type or another for most of his life. I think we can count on one hand the times he has been in the buggy with me. I find that he is much more confident with his walking than Jaime was (I didn't carry him in a sling) and a bit more of a daredevil too :roll:

We used sandies, and ll, and loved them both for when Lucas was smaller. But I also found that some of my favourite nappies are the ones I made with my Mum's help... Just draw around your favourite nappy... The advantage being you can choose the fabric you want, and whatever combination of inner and booster... But they won't be as easy to sell on. Still, a great budget option (I think I got 12 nappies for the price of two new ones, including the fabrics, and the pattern, which I bought online)

Things you might need... STORAGE!!!!!! :wink:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler