hf1

Clingy 2 year old

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Clingy 2 year old

Postby pookie3101 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:03 am

Anna is very very clingy to me & refuses to go to Daddy if am around. He is getting upset & I'm stressed coz I could do with a break. She will go to him if I am out but not if I'm in. I can't even have a bath as she will scream outside the door.

Other than me going out, any suggestions

PS she's been like this for nearly a year now

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Clingy 2 year old

Postby flutterby » Fri May 15, 2009 10:27 am

Just wanted to send some hugs, maybe try and do some of her routine things with your DH, ie let him bath her and read her a book and you just be there in the background that may help to improve their relationship, I can't really help much though as Jak's such a daddies boy!

My avatar
craftynclothy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby craftynclothy » Fri May 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Erin is the opposite - total daddy's girl (often won't hug me but will go and hug & kiss daddy). Tbh we find that him making a fuss of me tends to make her want to make more fuss of me too iyswim. So dh will cuddle me and then dd will want to. Could you try wanting daddy to help you with lots of things and maybe it'll rub off on her???

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri May 15, 2009 12:48 pm

flutterby wrote:Just wanted to send some hugs, maybe try and do some of her routine things with your DH, ie let him bath her and read her a book and you just be there in the background that may help to improve their relationship, I can't really help much though as Jak's such a daddies boy!

was going to say something along those lines. dannys a real mummys boy whereas bailey wants his dad all the time!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat May 16, 2009 9:36 am

:hug: I know how you feel.
I have been trying to get David to get more involved in Kayleigh's day to day, bathing her and reading stories. We have got to the stage that sometimes David explains that mummy needs to do something downstairs and that he can read a story or no-one. She isn't best pleased, but when David makes a move to go downstairs as well she will accept him.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 16, 2009 11:18 am

No other advice other than what's been suggested already, just wanted to send some :hug: . Ryan was like that for a while but he did grow out of it eventually. :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat May 16, 2009 11:22 am

:hug: :hug: No idea what to suggest. Bella is very much a daddies girl, but is not clingy in the slightest. In fact if we try to cuddle her she just says "Down!"

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri May 29, 2009 1:58 pm

:hug: :hug: try not to get stressed about it, its nothing personal with toddlers :hug:

is she clingy to you during the day? does she demand attention all the time, or cry if you leave the room? if so, when you are doing housework, encourage her to "help" you, or do things near you while you are doing other things. I am a believer in that young children dont need much direct attention but thrive on copying their parents, and figuring things out for themselves. She might like to copy some things that your DH does, like "driving" the car, reading a newspaper etc and as he demostrates things she can do, she will be more drawn to him. It might be that you are "favourite" atm as she gets most of her learning from you.

Molly takes little notions sometimes about who she wants, but she usually comes round in the end.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 29, 2009 6:35 pm

Sending :hug: :hug: , but no real suggestions other than what others have said. Toby was like this but has realy improved since I have been back at work. Pete was off work for a few weeks following a back op and Toby is clinging to him more now if anything - they are just fickle!

Return to Baby and Toddler