hf1

You cannot be serious... Baby rice at 8wks?!?!?!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: You cannot be serious... Baby rice at 8wks?!?!?!

Postby cherobanne » Wed May 20, 2009 1:05 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

clairelana wrote: I met a lady once who was feeding her 4 month old wotsits :shock: When I said you can do that she laughed and said he like them! I told her Kaydi hadn't even started solids she said I was cruel.

:shock: at this too!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed May 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
Shevi wrote:why????

one of my ladies was advised to wean very early, specifically with grain as her lo has refulx and is very pukey and although the medication was mosty good they thought it might help??? could there perhaps be a proper reason for it? or do you really think it is such complete ignorance?
If it was on the advice of a paed for reflux I'd still question it at 8wks to be honest - but no it just seems she wants her LO to be more settled in the evenings...

i agree with you, but people do believe their doctors regardless of any proper logic or sense

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed May 20, 2009 1:21 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

See as I first time mum if a dr / paed told me to do something I did it as I didn't have the energy to really question it, I learnt within 2 months that this wasn't always the case.

Surely babyrice will make the baby more unsettled / in pain rather than calming :roll:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 20, 2009 1:52 pm

:shock: :shock: OMG, that is so wrong, Kieran and Anna were ween'd at 4 months as was the advice then but Gracie was gone 6 months. DO these people not realise that babies digestive systems are immature at that age and can't cope. I think some people think it is "cool" to wean a baby at that age and it makes them more advanced than other lo's :nono: :nono:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:19 pm

:evil: :roll: Same on Imogens board too. I commented on one the other day asking if she understood the reasons why she shouldn't wean early. :x :x :x

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I think some people think it is "cool" to wean a baby at that age and it makes them more advanced than other lo's :nono: :nono:

I agree, on my birthboard with Nell, there were a few (mainly first time) mums who seemed to think their babies were doing better if they did stuff earlier :roll:

I put off giving Nell solids for ages - the HV told me I 'had to' do it by 6 months whereas I could tell she really didn't need it (and of couse she has done brill despite me ignoring the HV's instructions :giggle: )

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:33 pm

I was told that by not weaning Zach until 6 months I was going to end up with a child who would struggle to chew :roll: This was by someone who worked with children ata nursery :shock:

I completely agree that some people see it as a competition to do things first, I'm happy that I didn't push Zach into developments before he was naturally ready, I really think its why he is such a happy chappy, he always does things when he's ready.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed May 20, 2009 6:37 pm

We were advised to wean Bella early because of her reflux - and the solid food did help her a bit - but she was still over 4 months old when DH started. Even now, she's not too good with food. It's a very hit & miss experience.

8 weeks is madness. I can only imagine the screams and general uncomfortableness (sorry not a word, but I'm tired :roll: ) of the poor baby. Parents deserve shooting for trying that sort of thing.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed May 20, 2009 11:50 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know a couple of people who have done similar to which I have said that it's really not good for their LO, and left it at that!

They advised I weaned Jak at 17 weeks, partially because he was having 9oz bottles 5 times a day, and partially because he struggled to keep any of that down, I didn't argue as I was at the end of my tether, though when a FOAF said she'd weaned her LO at 10 weeks I made it VERY clear that Jak wasn't going to be having anything other than milk until I'd spoken to the HV and he was over 17 weeks!

Summer however weaned at 25 weeks (she lost quite a bit of weight a couple of weeks prior) and was soooo much easier to wean!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler