My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Biting

Postby cookiegirl » Sat May 23, 2009 12:36 pm

HELP!!

Jude has started biting me :cry: :cry: :cry:

He self weaned from his dummy at about 9 months, and he doesn't really need/like a comforter...just likes a cuddle! He does have his ratty for bed which he likes to drape the legs over his eyes to sleep and suck but doesn't miss it if it's not around iykwim. But lately i have noticed he will suck my top and then out of nowhere clamps down!! It's only me that he bites too so I presume it is a comfort thing or does my son just hate me. I've tried to say no firmly and move his head away but he just laughs at me. :x

Any ideas or do I just put up with it?? He drew blood yesterday so I'd like to nip this quick if I can :(

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Biting

Postby beck » Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 pm

William used to do the same, he would only ever bite me. I dont why. But when he did it I would put him straight down and walk away he would get very upset and soon got the hang of it.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat May 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Ben did bite dh a few times, I don't think he ever dated bite me though. We used time out - just sitting next to us not being comforted worked

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Ben has started biting, but he will bite anyone :roll: it is especially bad for Charlotte as me and dh notice he is going to bite so immediately remove him but she goes to give him a cuddle and he made her lip bleed yesterday :shock: I am hoping he will grow out of it - it doesn't seem to be an aggressive thing iykwim.

Return to Baby and Toddler