Gro bags

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Gro bags

Postby Laura2904 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi ya gals
I'm just on thedreambag.co.uk and am about to buy a 1.0 tog bag. This is first for us but I think it may be beneficial as Holly is forever pulling the blankets over her face and the like, plus our room is pretty warm [especially if my DP has had a bit of a marathon playing on his PS3 :wink: man those consols cough out alot of heat!] so i think a 1tog will be good for her as the summer creeps in...

Any of you ladies use a gro bag? if so which one ... hell maybe even post a piccie ?? hehe xxx

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Gro bags

Postby gayleygoo » Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 pm

I got a few from TKMaxx, they sell proper GroBags for much less than the normal price! I got one that has orange and yellow stripes, and Molly loves it because we call it her "caterpillar" and when she gets it on she knows its bedtime!

1 tog should be fine for the summer, if you get an especially cold night you can always use a blanket as well :)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun May 24, 2009 4:09 pm

we use them all the time here! We have actual gro bag ones and ones made by slumber sac and a couple I have made myself :wink:

my faves are the slumber sac stripey ones we have Raspberry fudge, multi stripe and anothe on but I can't remeber the name of the colourway, it is yellow and orange :D

I got them all from TKMaxx cheap :wink:

jan x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun May 24, 2009 4:14 pm

JanX wrote:my faves are the slumber sac stripey ones we have Raspberry fudge, multi stripe and anothe on but I can't remeber the name of the colourway, it is yellow and orange :D

I got them all from TKMaxx cheap :wink:

jan x

that roange and yellow must be the same one we have :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun May 24, 2009 4:18 pm

We use them as without one Rhys bangs his boots off the cot bars and wakes himself up. We have loads, from various places. TK Maxx do grobag ones quite cheap. Tesco's own brand are nice, as are Primark (and both very cheap compared to the branded ones, about £7 rather than £25. We also have some lovely ones that I really like from HEMA, which I think is a Dutch department store, but obviously they wouldn't be easy to get, we got them free as hand me downs. Lidl do them occasionally too.

Don't get them from Mothercare, they're just a rip off.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun May 24, 2009 7:20 pm

We have in use nowadays offical grobag 2.5 tog pirates, 2 x purflo 2.5 tog bags, we also have a summer weight offical grobag in either 0.5 or 1.0 (would need to check the label)

In the smaller size from birth we had sainsbury's own brand (in winnie the pooh) x3 and a Lidl one.

Lidl are bringing out their own sleeping bags tomorrow ...

Baby Sleeping Bag

Soft pure cotton outer & lining with polyester filling
With hook & loop fastening and side zip
Available in blue or pink with cute motifs
2.5 TOG
Age (mths): 4 - 12, 12 - 36
Price per item 5.99

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun May 24, 2009 8:11 pm

I got a few of mine from TKMaxx recently and sold some on via ebay. I got more for the secondhand ones than I paid for the next size in TKMaxx. I had Asda, Tesco and Mothercare versions but didn't think they lasted as well (bobbling etc) and they aren't worth selling on.

My avatar
craftynclothy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby craftynclothy » Mon May 25, 2009 6:07 pm

We got some non-Grobag bags from TKMaxx when Erin was younger that have been fine (she's in a bed now though) but went into the city centre one today and they had proper Grobag bags for £12.99 so we got one of those for when the new baby's here (bright girly blue colour with a cow on!).

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:21 am

thankyou ladies, i think i'll be buying my spare one from tkmaxx :wink:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler