Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:58 pm

all sounds very positive, I have heard good things about this. x

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Imogens Osteopathy Appointment

Postby jules070603 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 am

Managed to get an appointment for next week (at 9.30am :shock: but I'm sure we can make it!!)

Will be interesting to see how Imogen is after this appointment as she will get much longer treatment as there will be no consultation first.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:29 pm

I've also heard great things about osteopathy helping digestive issues in babies, I hope things improve quickly for Imogen. Fab that it's a charity too, I have friends who paid for it at our local private clinic, not sure how much exactly but after a few sessions it was well into the hundreds.

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm

glad it went well, we took Ryder and oaid for it, i was desperate, he was a planned honmebirth and mw said his head was there and to push, i did then decided no i didnt want to, only for the damage to be done, it deflexed Ryders head as he was op trying to rotate, so he endedup brow presenting, she didnt tell me that it caused his head to deflex and broke my waters only to get him well and truly wedged, he was stuck like that 9hrs while i tried every which way to budge him and ended in emcs, i had lots of probs and he was moulded accross the brow really badly and screamed constantly. it definately helped, his neck was stif and painful from being in the position it was and he had headache etc. think we did 5 sessions and the differnce was amazing. hope it helps u like it did us, id recommend it definately, Ryder was colicky too and that also eased.xxi often found he would sleep a while afterand was only time he settled, xx

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Not updated this so thought I'd better get on with it!!!

Had second appointment last week. After the first treatment I had noticed that Imogen was more alert and not quite so tense, the osteopath thought so too. The other thing was her skin, she had inflamed red rash on her cheeks, head, chest and arms and this started to clear up immediately although I didn't make the connection until the weekend. Her colic hadn't really settled much. The osteo explained that a lot of skin complaints can be connected to the digestive system and osteo works well for this apparently.

She had her second treatment and it went well, Imogen was very well behaved and relaxed. Since the second appointment Imogen has definately become less colicky and is settling in the evenings for the past few days. We also notice that after the appointments she takes her bottles better and more volume although this has again returned to normal after a couple of days.

Couldn't get an appointment this week as the osteo is away so have one for next week.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Imogens Osteopathy Appointment - Update Page 2

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 pm

sounds great Jules and great to know that it really does help. xx

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Sounds great!

Is it expensive?
Have you got the details please. You can PM if you'd rather. I think if we need it with next one i will give it a try.
I wonder if i would do Kaydi any good now.....hhhmmm

x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 pm

The one we used (and I think Jules is using) is the Osteopathic Centre for Children http://www.fpo.org.uk/ they are a charity and only ask for contributions towards the cost of treatment or as much as you can afford - they recommend £30 I think.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler