hf1

Tantrums?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Tantrums?

Postby beck » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:13 pm

How do you deal with your toddlers tantrums?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Tantrums?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:38 pm

ignore them as long as he is in a safe place, luckily very few and far between as we try and reason with him and explain what we can and can't do .... :x

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:25 pm

As it is building up try to distract her , 'Look at the dog out the window' etc... 8 times out of 10 that works... we also try getting down to her level and talking to her, and if all that doesn't work, we ignore her. But it hardly ever seems to come to that. And when it does, she comes round fairly quickly.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:24 am

We ignore them too - if Anna's just screaming and kicking on the floor I might pick her up and put her a bit further down the hall and tell her that she can come back once she's finished and calm, that usual stops her within the minute. Then I'll explain to her that we understand she is upset but that we dont like her screaming.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:57 am

Distraction follows by ignoring here too.

My avatar
Allie73
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Allie73 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:34 am

I try to distract, though it rarely works with my son. I ignore, which doesn't work immediately, but does eventually. If the tantrums are one right after another, that usually means he's tired, so I put him down for a nap. He sometimes has a tantrum while I'm tandem feeding the twins. Those are fun. He stand right in front of me and screams. If he does that, I tell him I don't want to see him while he's screaming, so I turn him around so his back is to me. He does not like that, but it is fairly effective.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:27 pm

anyone whose toddler tries to distract the parent instead :wink: Ben for months has asked us to sing him a song - he dictates which song instead of focussing on what we have just said!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Ignore and if that doesnt work then time out in her bedroom where she can scream for a few minutes before coming out and announcing 'Im happy now' :lol:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:22 pm

We ignore it too. I've been known to just step over her if she's lying face down on the floor kicking off :hohoho:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler