hf1

Teeth or lack thereof

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Teeth or lack thereof

Postby tanya » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Bella is now nearly 21 months old and still only has 8 teeth :shock: Should we be worried about it?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Teeth or lack thereof

Postby beck » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:38 am

At what age did she get her first tooth? If it was late then I wouldn't worry maybe just mention it when you next see your dr or CHN. The girls were 10 & 11 months when they got there first and took there time getting the rest.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:25 am

sam is being v slow he only got his first a week before his first birthday, and had 2 for ages and 4 tops ones have just come through all together at 15 months, i v much doubt he will have more than 8 in 2-3 months time at this rate- unless 4 come at once again :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 am

Her first tooth didn't appear until she was over a year old - about 14 months I think. They're just taking their sweet time about coming through, i guess.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:47 am

nah, I wouldn't worry. I know someone whose daughter was exactly the same, no teeth until over 1 year. She has all of them now at just over 3. Has she been to the dentist?

My avatar
Allie73
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Allie73 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:52 am

My son was the same. He didn't get his first tooth until he was 14 months. He got the first two together, then the rest slowly came in over the next eight months or so. His last bottom tooth came in about two weeks before his 2nd birthday. He actually had one of his two year molars before one of his little front teeth came in.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 am

Annette wrote:nah, I wouldn't worry. I know someone whose daughter was exactly the same, no teeth until over 1 year. She has all of them now at just over 3. Has she been to the dentist?

Errm, no. Both DH and I have a rather large phobia of dentists :oops: :oops: I know we need to get over it and we're trying, but it's difficult.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 am

Gracie didn't get her first tooth until she was 9 months but they all came through pretty rapidly after that. I wouldn't worry, the later they get their teeth the better, I know there is nothing that can be done with early teething but late teethers tend to have stronger teeth. We keep laughing at Kieran, he lost his front tooth nearly 8 months ago and the new one only started to put in an appearance this morning :giggle:

I would start going to the dentist though even if it is just to get Bella used to going, Gracie has been for 2 check ups already, I hate the dentist but go regular with all the kids, it's a family affair!!! :giggle:

Return to Baby and Toddler