hf1

*Trying* not 2let it worry me - nothing 2worry about really!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: *Trying* not 2let it worry me - nothing 2worry about really!

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Easy for me to say but she is a perfect, healthy, beautiful baby. Gracie is the same, her weight has never got about the 25th and has even dropped down a couple of times, length 25th at birth but has rapidly gone up to the 75th where as the other 2 were always much bigger. Now she is on the 1-5 year graph she is on the 9th for weight (why does the graph change)
Also remember that the graphs we designed in the 60's for solely bottle fed babies. xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Isobella was born above the 50th, got her weighed yesterday and has dropped to the 9th. So your not on your own. I agree with what every has said. Sometimes I just think you can't help but worry, and I am just such a worry wort myself no point me saying dont worry! She is a lovely happy baby, a credit to you, good tyo get things off your chest though and have some reassurance. :hug:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 pm

:hug: I hate these weight graphs... both my babies have been rubbish at keeping up with the line they are supposed to follow and with Abbie I got her weighed weekly, made myself ill with worry... contemplated giving up :bf: quite a few times after being advised by a HV... Ididn't though... and now she is a healthy, tall and skinny nearly 3yr old... Isaac is turning out to be the same, I'm trying not to fret, but it is difficult... My HV's seem so intent on them gaining weight at this graph's pace... and it really doesn't work like that.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Also remember that the graphs we designed in the 60's for solely bottle fed babies. xx

Those charts are bloody annoying :x Did you know that the growth charts for breastfed babies (produced by the WHO) are available to download and print online. They were the main topic at the breastfeding awareness week conference back in May. I had printed one off a while ago and plotted DD's growth on that instead...very different! They are slowly being distributed to HV aswell :yahoo:
Anyhoo...as long as Grace is alert, happy and feeding when she wants I don't think you have anything to worry about! :D
:hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Also remember that the graphs we designed in the 60's for solely bottle fed babies. xx

She's on a bf only chart...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:27 am

summer was born on the 50th for weight and gradually dropped to the 2nd where shes stayed since she was 6 months, apparently this is normal, she was just finding her weight iykwim, shes always been between the 2nd and 9th for length and around the 50th for head circ (she has a big hear rofl) as you've said time and time again, the charts are a load of rollocks, you'd know if somwthing were wrong with Grace.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:21 am

Phebie was very much the same, was always right up there in the height but her weight would only hover round the 25th, now at almost 3 she is starting to bulk up and become a chunky monkey :giggle:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Finn was born on 50th and dropped to 2nd. Because he'd dropped more than two centile lines we were referred to a paed and dietician when he was about 8mths. The paed, unsurprisinly, could find nothing wrong. The dietician told me I was feeding him 'very healthily' but said in a way that implied 'too healthily' :roll: and told me to add lots of cheese, cream, etc wherever possible to get in extra calories.

I had him weighed last week and although he's been eating well for several months now he's only marginally closer to the 9th line. But once they've found their line I can't see how you can make them shift off it, they take in enough calories to keep them where they're meant to be and how can you force more into them? Finn has has three good meals and two/three snacks a day, he's just where he's meant to be. And I'm sure Grace is the same.

Incidentally, when I rang a HV (not my own as she was on holiday) for advice about Finn's possible food intolerances and ongoing diarrhoea one of her ideas was that it's because of his rich fatty diet, as in the one recommended by the dietician :roll: :roll: :roll:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler