hf1

i've mucked up his routine

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: i've mucked up his routine

Postby Mareth » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Glad it worked. We've managed to get Rhys into a very good bed time routine and thankfully it doesn't matter what happens during the day he will go to bed at 8 happy as Larry. He normally goes up for a nap at 1pm til 3 or 3.30, but sometimes (like today when we were out viewing houses all day) he doesn't get to nap until late, today it was 3 before he went to sleep and almost 6 when he got up again, and still we bathed him at 7.30, bed at 8 and he was happy as ever.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:45 pm

I've been wondering how you've been getting on. I'm really pleased it's working out well after just a few days. Today is just a little hiccup, don't worry. Some days won't go to plan - like Kirsty's Grace, if Finn has a catnap in the car or buggy he's convinced he's slept much longer, and even though he'll be shattered he just will not nap again. So on days like that he has an early tea and slightly earlier bed, then we start again the next day. Hope ds slots back into routine easily tomorrow.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:today it was 3 before he went to sleep and almost 6 when he got up again, and still we bathed him at 7.30, bed at 8 and he was happy as ever.

Connor was like that up until he started dropping his nap just before turning two. Finn's totally different though and if he goes down for a nap after about 2.30/3pm I have to wake him after an hour or so otherwise he doesn't settle to sleep til quite a bit later than normal :roll:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:33 am

well I am only a new mum and so my advise might not be the best! I have never put Isobella in a routine and just let her come to her own little routine herself. I know friends who have a strict and rigid routine and it works really well but if something comes up where they cant follow it there is chaos. Every baby is different and also they have good and bad days! I love those times when we fall asleep together! you must have needed it and I wouldnt say you have mucked anything up at all.

After 4 months Isobella seems to like going to bed at about 7 every night but can be half 6 or 8, when it was hot she didnt settle til 10. I just try and go with the flow although sometimes I post on here with a have I made a mess type post! :hohoho:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 am

weel he is up as useal today so should be ok i feel so much happpier knowing what time he will go asleep liek yesterday cos i knew he'd stay asleep i walked teh dogs up the beach and he woke up on the way back loved it cos it was just me and the dogs really and felt i had soem me time and teh day before i use dthe hour he was asleep in the morning to clean up i was amazed at how much i did in a hour with no interuptions will be doing the same today i think

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:09 am

So glad it is going well for you :wine:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:55 am

its gone to pot the last 2 days tho so need to start again i think i have got a chest infection starting so haven't been right the last 2 days and haven't been getting up so he's been sleeping in too oh well tomorrows another day

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler