hf1

Sun cream for eczema

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Sun cream for eczema

Postby beffys » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Can anyone recommend a sun cream for LO with eczema? Ella's skin has been great recently, but whenever we put sun cream on her it comes out in angry red blotches where her eczema has been on her arms and legs. We've used Nivea and tescos creams. Buying sun cream is quite expensive and just wondered if there are any hypoallergenic ones or more natural sun creams anyone can recommend that they use with no problems for their LOs who have skin conditions. Even better if anyone also has problems like this and has found a cream they use that doesn't cause such a nasty reaction. Obviously can't not use sun cream. :roll:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Sun cream for eczema

Postby Allie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Harriet has eczema and the only suncream that we've been able to use is the Asda kids one.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks. Will try if I can get to Asda soon. There isn't one nearby though. :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Sunsense toddler milk factor 50 is available on prescription :mrgreen:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:56 pm

We couldnt use sunscreen on our boys for years as their eczema was always really bad in the summer, with sore broken skin, so we couldnt put anything on them. So we used the sunsuits instead, and the legionnaire style sunhats which covered their ears and their hats, and kept them out of the sun when it was warmest.

My avatar
emmab
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emmab » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Sunsense toddler milk factor 50 is available on prescription :mrgreen:

Did you get some on prescription, typical as soon as I got some for Adam, the sun disappeared :evil:

Return to Baby and Toddler