hf1

Anyone's baby had the baby BCG?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Anyone's baby had the baby BCG?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:38 am

Ben had his BCG on his due date, so he was 30 days old, there was no scar it just took 3 adults to hold the tiny baby still enough for it, no reaction or anything. The later you leave it the greater the chance of leaving a mark.

IMO so much better to have it done as I saw my grandfather with tb when I was a teenager.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Well they agreed to wait now till she's had her others done. I guess I'm only going off how much mine hurt when I was 11 and it's only in recent years they've started doing it for babies and not at age 11, so we all survived without it as babies and didn't have a TB epedemic on our hands so I think Kacie waitng another 2 months for it isn't going to cause anyone any harm. I guess it's more for my sake than her's as I couldn't cope with taking her for two lots of jabs in a week. :x at how hard it was to get the HV's to understand this though.

Thanks for your input girls, it's much appreciated :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:22 pm

indigosky2k wrote: :x at how hard it was to get the HV's to understand this though.

It's amazing how inflexible health professionals are to changing the supposedly so rigid immunisation schedule - they won't even discuss it!!

I just didn't bring it up with Isabelle and she had her MMR a year later as she just wasn't well enough for it as she kept being ill... But the nurse mentioned it once and she was so overzealous about it like I was actively harming Isabelle by not getting it done!! :x

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler