hf1

peke moe sleepsacks, anyone tried?

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

peke moe sleepsacks, anyone tried?

Postby samandsally » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has tried these at all?
I am using a grobag at night and my wee fella wakes alot still, he scratches his face easily{some eczema} and seems to wake up fully once his hands reach his mouth, if i can keep them away he settles easily. He is over 4 months so do not want to swaddle at night, fine for short naps, but he is starting to roll over. Sorry for ramble! thanks

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: peke moe sleepsacks, anyone tried?

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am

Not heard of these - do you have a link before I google it?

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:20 pm

hi, would love to give a link if only i knew how!! Have tried before and i just do not get it. Would love an step by step guide, feel a bit daft not being able to do this.
If you google peke moe it comes up with their website first i think.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Just copy and paste from the bar above where the web address is :) Doesn't need any fancy tags or anything unless you want to do a fancy link with just a word :giggle:

So like this
http://www.pekemoe.co.nz/

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks!, feel a bit stupid that is was so simple, guess i will now next time.
What did you think of the bags? I am a bit wary of all that loose fabric and how safe it is compared to his usual grobags but the reviews seem positive.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:00 pm

I have used one. My son was in a tight swaddle until a couple of months ago. He was starting to roll so I needed to get him out of the swaddle and nothing was working. It did work brilliantly at weaning from a swaddle.

The one thing they don't mention on a lot of the reviews is that the way the hands are kept away from the face is by tucking the bottom of the peke moe into the base of the cot - as soon as your baby rolls or kicks hard this is obviously undone and then they can get their hands back up to their face.

If money is no issue then I think it's a handy thing to have on the days where your LO needs to be tucked up tighter but I certainly did not get my money out of it as only used it for less than a month and now it's just gathering dust. If you're interested in a second hand one let me know.

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

hi, thanks for the offer, money is an issue ! but i decided to order one anyway before i saw your post!! Wish i had seen it first. Hope it works ok, am a bit dubious about all that fabric though, when they put up their hand to their face is there not alot around the face? Guess i will soon find out.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Bummer - always the way lol

I didn't feel uneasy at all about the fabric near his face. I think in a lot of the photos there looks like there is more when they are sitting up. I got the middle range fabric so a bit thicker than a t-shirt and once DS stretched his arms out it was quite restricted so they don't tend to be able to pull to much near their faces.

I hope you get on well with it!

Return to Baby and Toddler