Oh dear - gross poo question

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Oh dear - gross poo question

Postby sim » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Sorry if this is a bit gross...

I think Ewan is teething (chewing on everything in sight etc) and has a bit of a snuffly cold.

He has been pooing a lot today. I've just changed him, and while I was doing this he pooed again. This one was quite liquid / mucousy and a bit green. There was also the tiniest spot of blood in the poo. Is this associated with the teething / frequency of poo today or should I be carting him off to the out of hours GP service? He doesn't have a temperature and seems otherwise well.

You can tell DH is away, can't you?!?!?! :oops:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Oh dear - gross poo question

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Teething and colds make for very mucusy poopy nappies - not pleasant, but pretty normal I would say. The little bit of blood is possibly just because he is pooping pretty frequently atm - just keep an eye and change as soon as he poops to avoid a sore bum :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:57 pm

I would say probably due to teething but worth keeping a close eye and if it doesn't improve or gets worse then worth a tel call to NHS direct for some advice.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:57 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Teething and colds make for very mucusy poopy nappies - not pleasant, but pretty normal I would say. The little bit of blood is possibly just because he is pooping pretty frequently atm - just keep an eye and change as soon as he poops to avoid a sore bum :hug:

wss :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:58 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Teething and colds make for very mucusy poopy nappies - not pleasant, but pretty normal I would say. The little bit of blood is possibly just because he is pooping pretty frequently atm - just keep an eye and change as soon as he poops to avoid a sore bum :hug:

Yep sound advice...

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Thank you!!!! :hug:
I've gone through more nappies in a day today than I have since he was fresh out of the oven!!

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Keep an eye. William had this when he was little and I took him to doc and was sent to the hospital and they tested and it was food poisoning :shock: Had environmental health on phone and we went through everything and it seems he got it from a highchair at pizza hut (don't go there anymore) He had anti biotics to sort it out.

Hope he is ok but if there are more nappies with mucus/blood then def get it checked :hug:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:07 pm

:shock: :shock:
I'm hoping that as he is exclusively breastfed at nearly 4 months and I'm fine that it's not this!!! I wouldn't go back after that either!

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:36 pm

I should think it probably isn't either then but still get it checked if it is no better in a couple of days. Bless him :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler