Using a dummy - help please

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Using a dummy - help please

Postby Allie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 am

Well I used it for the first time during the night as he just wouldn't settle and once he got used to it being in his mouth he settled really well then spat it out once he didn't need it anymore. I've used it again this morning and he settled within a couple of minutes so although I don't like using a dummy it might just be my sanity saver :roll:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:38 am

Why is it you don't like using a dummy - really I don't think there is anything wrong with one. If it makes Dexter settled and happy (and therefore you settled and happy!) that is great

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 am

Thats great Allie, I wish Imogen would take one. She is fab at settling for bed but a nightmare in the day. Zach has always had one for sleeping and I love dummies :giggle: :giggle: Pop a dummy in Zachs mouth when he is tired and he sleeps with no complaining not like a certain little miss I know :roll:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:47 am

Annette wrote:Why is it you don't like using a dummy - really I don't think there is anything wrong with one. If it makes Dexter settled and happy (and therefore you settled and happy!) that is great

I don't think there is anything wrong with using one it just that I feel because Harriet didn't need one then Dexter shouldn't although they are totally different babies. For me personally it almost feels like I don't have as much time for him as I did with Harriet and that's why i've resorted to a dummy :-? . Probably none of this makes sense to anyone else and i'm just rambling now having had just one hours sleep so i'll stop now and go and tidy the kitchen :giggle:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 am

I'm glad it's helping him settle. Don't feel bad about using them, they are not forever!!! :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 am

I think what you are saying makes perfect sense, but I think you are wrong :giggle: Like you say they are very different babies and Dexter obviously has different needs to Harriet. Don't feel guilty about it.

And I am sure people say this all the time - but it will get easier, I look back to this time last year and I was frazzled. It is so much easier now :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:07 am

Bella's got her dummy in today as I've just found her 4 canines are coming through :( Poor little soul has only had about a week since the last lot finished.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

Ella uses a dummy. I didn't like the idea of using one at first and said I wouldn't before we had Ella, but she was such a suckly baby it was either that or her being attached to my boob permanently. I'd prefer she had a dummy to sucking her digits as we did as kids and I think it's a harder habit to break, plus it affected our teeth. We're thinking about taking it away by the next 6 months so by the time she is 2 anyway. Want to start limiting it to just for going to sleep. Now I don't reall care that she uses a dummy. She obviously gets a lot of comfort from it still.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:09 pm

u needn't feel guilty about using a dummy they are fab if the baby likes them we use dummy clips which are personalised too so they don't get dropped andfor night we use a sleepytot which is far easier to find than a loose dummy in the cot :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler