hf1

Help! Does anyone know what this is?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help! Does anyone know what this is?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Hope its ok. I would have gone to A&e too.. but then my drs would have seen me if i said i wanted to bring a child of that age in. They have seen lucas at the drop of a hat when he had a rash and i even told them i didn't want to come in!

let us know how thing went. x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:44 pm

it's an allergy to something. Now we have to figure out what! We're going to test tomatos first, coz my mum is allergic to raw ones. We had pizza the other day so think it might have been something on that.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Oh Poor little Dawn, i hope you can figure it out :hug: Glad your home!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:00 pm

so glad its just an allergy.
Taneli came out with a rash just like that a few months ago, i knew that we had used a tester of a shampoo on him the evening before, but i still got all worried!!!
esp as a kid on our rota had just been diagnosed with scarlet fever!!!
to cut a long story short, i called the kids mum who is a gp (who laughed at me panicking, cos its really not like me!!) who said that if he has no fever...then it cant be scarlet 'FEVER'...spoke to our gp (cos it kept moving about!)(the rash) who said, its just hives...and 24 hours later, after it had traveled all around his whole body it disappeared.
i have never bought that shampoo or used a tester on him again!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Glad it was nothing too serious and they put your mind at rest, now the fun and games start trying to figure out what caused it? What pollen is around / trigger for hayfever / allergies right now as that might also be something to be aware of.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Well, we treated ourselves to chip shop tea tonight, and she had tom sauce with hers. She'd gotten her face covered in it and also dropped some on her bare knee. Within a hour, there was spots on her face and her knee has a huge blotch on it, where the sauce was.
So, we're pretty sure it's tomatoes. Or at least tom sauce. Shame, coz she loves it and goes "dipdipdip!" when she eats it. Hope she likes mayo or something instead lol.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Awww shame about the tomato allergy... Did they prescribe piriton? If not it might be worth seeing your GP so you've always got a bottle handy incase she swipes some while out...

Isabelle was highly sensitive to tomatoes but seems fine with them now so she may grow out of it - what a PITA for you - tomatoes are in so much stuff!!
I'm avoiding raw ones at the moment as they seem to upset Grace... :?

Oh yes and Isabelle loooooooooooooooooves mayo ;)

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:06 pm

My friend's son has an allergy to tomato sauce he also reacts to some flavours of crisps. He is fine with actual tomatoes though and hasn't reacted to anything else.

Speak to your GP about some antihistimes (sp?) too to have on hand in case of anymore reactions. GPs can be a bit of a nightmare with allergies though - mine kept fobbing me off about Oz and turned out he was allergic to dairy, soya, nuts and eggs.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:30 pm

:hug: aww, wee thing, so glad you have figured it out so now can avoid. Like Steph said, keep some piriton to hand (she can have 2.5ml) and she may well out grow it. Isn't it strange how we can develop these allergies so suddenly. x

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler