hf1

Help! Does anyone know what this is?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Help! Does anyone know what this is?

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:02 pm

I know, she's had tom sauce a lot too :S
I have some piriton, as they recommended it last time when they said it was chicken pox :evil: I put 2.5ml in her juice and she takes it that way. She won't take it if I just give her it. My auntie is a nurse and said to just put it in her juice

When she's all clear, I'm going to try her with a cherry tomato, see if it happens. if not, i'll try her with tom sauce again, might just pop a bit on her tummy or something one night, see if she's got a rash there the next morning lol!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Aww poor thing, being all rashy from tomatoes! :hug: Lots of babies and toddlers grow out of their allergies before their teens though, its not usually a life-long thing!

If she's upset about not having tomatoey "dipdipdip" (aww :giggle: ) you could always try pureeing roast red peppers or similar...maybe a bit of effort though...! Hope she likes mayo or hummous instead!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Joined a new Drs today, as the whole fiasco with my current/old drs yesterday was beyond a joke!
Got an nurse appointment on wednesday, and she should refer Dawn to the hospital for tests. Fingers Crossed!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:31 pm

We have a strange tomato thing with Ben, not mentioned it to dr yet, but it seems some are ok, some are not. So on our list - Heniz tomato ketchup is fine, cheap ketchup from Iceland is not, Fresh pizza from Pizza express not ok, frozen pizza from Lidl is fine, tinned chopped tomotoes are fine, and most fresh tomatoes ok, but occasionally they cause a little flare up (contact mainly looks like ketchup is still on skin however much we wipe).

Hope you can work it out better than I have.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Thanks hun.
I don't know whatr's caused it because she's just gone through a phase of eating pasta until it comes out of her ears and that's always been with a tom based sauce. We don't know what's done it. Hoping the tests at hospital will work it out

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Hope you get to the bottom of it :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 pm

I have a nurses appointment tomorrow at our new Dr's. Left the old one because the mess with this was the last straw (7 hrs for a call back was just rediculous!) so when I'm there tomorrow I'm going to ask the nurse if she can give us a referal to the hospital for tests.
She's still got the rash, although it's not as bad now.

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Glad you have a better idea of what is up! And fc the nurse will refer you to the hospital for further testing! :hug: :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler