hf1

What nappy for holiday.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What nappy for holiday.

Postby bryc1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 pm

We are going away for a week next week and can not take cloth :cry: as not garanteed laundry there and just don't have room in car. As most of you know Roxy had disp give her sore which she is still healing from that was pampers baby dry size 3 bought the 4 incase 3 was small and thats what caused it as had been fine up till now but that leaked as too big and gave her another sore :x :cry: Don't want to try huggies as all my kids seem to have reactions with them any suggestions as don't want to try loads and make her sore and waste yet more money on the horrid things.

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: What nappy for holiday.

Postby mamaellie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:11 am

I got on pretty well with the nature babies ones and the sainsbury's own brand (only used the newborn sainsbury ones, though so not sure how similar size 3 is to the baby dry in terms of chemicals, etc.). Juliet has reallys ensitive skin and I think it's the dye in the baby dry that sets it off (why does it need to be blue on the inside?). Another mum at a baby group said the new simply dry ones don't have that blue stuff, so if you get a good fit with size 3 pampers, maybe that'd be gentler?

When we're in America I always buy the seventh generation ones and use them (my own mother has a fit about the idea of wee and poo in her washing machine, no matter what I tell her). Maybe they're available online?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am

We always used Tesco own brand (not value) with Kieran and Anna and they were nice and soft, well for a disposable. x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 am

I've not used them myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about Lidl's own brand nappies! They've been given lots of great reviews.

Have you tried some of the eco nappies? Boots stock them and I think some Mothercares. From what I've heard, they've got less chemicals and rubbish in them and dont take so long on landfills. Again, I haven't used them so I can't comment personally.

Don't use Morrisons own. I had one EXPLODE on my LO, and I had to throw out everything that was in her cot and what she was wearing. Still in the middle of trying to get compensation and that was over 6 months ago!!! :evil:

I've used Tesco's own brand of the pull ups and they weren't too bad. Good absorbency for Dawn, but She's more of a frequent wetter than a heavy one!

Mamaellie - I also heard that about Pampers new range. I've got the wipes and they're gorgeous! And I have some pampers vouchers so I'm planning on buying some of the new nappies for emergencies and when she's at my mums/has a babysitter who can't use cloth :roll:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 am

the new pampers are rubbish! i had a pack at mils when we stayed and they are really no good at absorbing. really thin and cheap. The wipes are nice though. Nice price :wink:

ETA i've used tescos own and they are quite good, as are asdas eco nappies

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:39 am

emmalala wrote:the new pampers are rubbish!

Thanks :) You've just saved me wasting my vouchers on them. I'll save them for stocking up on more of the yummy wipes. Can never have enough wipes with a toddler! :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 pm

I used to use asdas own with Jak and liked them!

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 pm

emmalala wrote:the new pampers are rubbish! i had a pack at mils when we stayed and they are really no good at absorbing. really thin and cheap. The wipes are nice though. Nice price :wink:

Will take back the pack I got to try this morning then and go for either asda or tescos then depending on which I go to. Thanks for your advice.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:01 pm

emmalala wrote:the new pampers are rubbish! i had a pack at mils when we stayed and they are really no good at absorbing. really thin and cheap. The wipes are nice though. Nice price :wink:

They are truly awful. So plasticky and hold about a thimble!

Tesco own (the purple ones) are fine, as well as the purple Pampers.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler