reusable nappies and sitting

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

reusable nappies and sitting

Postby caeganol » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Hello there,

We have cpme back from centreparcs and we had lot of fun apart from the first 2 days when P was not too well and we stayed indoors mainly.

Q) I have a question to all of you and do need your valuable comments.

My LO(6 months) was in disposables at centreparcs and has been trying to sit with some support and also on his own for a few secs there, but since he is in his reusables there seems to be some hindrance. Hubby is convinced its the nappy although he is all in support for cloth nappies. I am also beginning to think that way.

On advice from DH I am asking you all(the experienced lot) to tell me if it makes any difference or should I reduce the boosting(not too much at the moment but I do use it at par to the blueberry's combo ones) after having had the leaks recently.

Hope you can all help me.
Perhaps should do a poll to see when LO started sitting while in cloth nappies, not sure how to do it though, perhaps someone can run that for me and others like me.

Will catch up with all the other posts and get back. Sorry!!!!!!!! missed the deadlines for the awards but would be interesting to see the pics and the awards. will catch up soon.

going to do bath and bed now!!!
xxxxx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:38 am

25 years ago, everyone was in huge terrys, and we all learnt to do things ok!!!!
tbh i do thing that boo had an easier time sitting at the beggining in sposies, or naked...but but for maybe 2 weeks, till he really got the hang of it...crawling he would only do naked for a bit (not even in a sposies) but quickly did everything normally and happily in his cloth.
just for the record, Taneli sat up later than Boo, in sposies.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:34 pm

Alot of people worry about this and I think sometimes bulky cloth nappies seem to impede sitting up but only for a very short time, they soon learn to do it in spite of the nappies. Charlotte was sitting fairly early really although then took ages to crawl but was walking confidently by 13 months. So nothing unusual there.

There is a baby on BC who was walking at 7.5 months and she has been cloth bummed since birth so it really isn't anything to worry about, babies will develop at their own pace and it doesn't matter what they wear.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:42 pm

I will have to agree, that they will sit when they are ready to being in cloth or disposables. I also think there is a lot of things that we 'learn' from TV advertising about how wonderful disposables are that we forget that disposables haven't been around in their slimline form for all that many years. A lot of us were brought up in cloth as that was what was common when we were young (mum said their were disposables when I was a baby, but they were too hard to tie on) and we all learnt to sit and walk.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Thanks a lot all of you.
I have stopped worrying now and reduced the stuffiing a bit now.
xxxxxxxxxxx
sukhi

Return to Baby and Toddler