hf1

I'm being over anxious, and i can't help it

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

I'm being over anxious, and i can't help it

Postby jennyjanesharp » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:59 am

I am feeling SO overly Anxious attm.....
and to be honest i'm not sure whther its me or other people, or a mixture or both. I have anxiety problems anyways (bad PND doesn't help) , and having studiedchildren for over 12 years, I really should know better But i'm having HUGE issues with people cally Alice 'big' atm.. SHe's a chubby girl, loves her food, HATES BLW, and simply sits!!! hates being on her front etc.
She is the most complacent little baby I've ever known and is SOOO happy, but yet I still get niggled by other peoples comments (the other day is Maccy D's a lady rudley asked me how much alice weighed when she was born cos shes HUGE, and then proceeded to 'make me feel better' by telling me how she'd lose the weight when she's on the move) how RUDE.

I have HUGE weight issues anyhoo (anorexia) , so i guess this whole fat thng doesn't help, but its even got to the point where my lil sis and a friend were telling me how to put her on a diet, and i LISTENED to them, for like 2 days, and I realised that i was completely mucking up her routine and what she wants.
I dunno, I guess you hear so man scare mongering stories about parents 'making' their children obese by over feeding them, etc, it plays on my mind.

btw, she's 8 mths, 23lbs and in 9-12mths clothes, that's not big is it???

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: I'm being over anxious, and i can't help it

Postby emmalala » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:05 am

No, she sounds perfectly healthy to me. And at her age they are usually a bit chubby anyway. when she eventually does start crawling or walking her weight will even out. Dan is 10 months and in 12-18 month clothes and weighs 26lb but hes not fat at all.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 am

and you really dont need to put a baby on a diet at all. :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 am

She sounds fine to me. Before the really start moving about, most babies are on the chubby side anyway - Bella certainly was - and now she is skinny 'cos she's so active.

Don't worry about it too much. As long as she is a contented baby, I think that's the most important measure.

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:30 am

I used to get the same coments about megan :roll: just ignore it, your baby is happy, healthy and needs a happy and healthy mummy... :hug: :hug: :hug:

megan didnt crawl till she turned one and didnt walk till she was 16 months...people used to tell me it was her nappies :giggle:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:33 am

She sounds perfect to me :D As long as she's happy and healthy then stuff what other people think.

Some people just can't help themselves but comment, trust me if she was teeny and skinny you'd get people actually asking you " do you feed them properly?" :evil:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 am

She sounds perfect to me. Please try not to worry - people are always so rude, whether it is comments about how big or how small they are, or what they are or are not doing. Try not to take any notice. :hug: :hug:

My sil told me once that Charlotte had "sturdy" legs (i.e. chunky!) but she just keeps growing taller and taller and thinner and thinner so it is way too early to be concerned about weight. Young children are meant to be chubby :D I wouldn't want to instill the wrong values about food either, Charlotte is allowed to eat when she is hungry, I just try to limit sweets, chocolate and crisps and offer nicer alternatives instead.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 am

Her weight sounds perfectly healthy to me. :x at people suggesting you put her on a diet :nono: . :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 am

Annette wrote: I wouldn't want to instill the wrong values about food either, Charlotte is allowed to eat when she is hungry, I just try to limit sweets, chocolate and crisps and offer nicer alternatives instead.

Thats a really important point, megan would snack all day long if i let her and my nan always makes coments when we seee her about megans weight ( :nono: ) but i wouldnt want to giver megan the wrong ideas about food...i too let her eat when she is hungry...she will ask for an apple or a banana etc...i do give her sweets on occasion as i wouldnt want them to be seen as the forbiden food IYKWIM :)

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler